does cunard give complimentary tote bags to guests

sweetone0523

HI

I have sailed with Cunard since 1993....but have never done a world cruise. (too young). they used to give out canvas tote bags (I have several) but no longer. No doubt to save money. I Still love the Queen Mary 2 and would never let the lack of a tote bag stop me....

Deck Chair

• 2 weeks later...
Someone enlighten me please. What are tote bags?

Sounds like something to do with horse racing.

J

The word Tote means to carry, so therefore a Tote bag is a carrier bag.

The word Tote means to carry, so therefore a Tote bag is a carrier bag.

OK,

I'm probably being thicker than thick Jack Thick from Thick City here but, given that the purpose of all bags (except possibly those beneath the eyes), is to carry something - what is it that marks out these particular "tote bags" (that may or may not be handed out by Cunard and/or other cruise lines), as different from the run of the mill supermarket bag (for example)?

J

OK,

I'm probably being thicker than thick Jack Thick from Thick City here but, given that the purpose of all bags (except possibly those beneath the eyes), is to carry something - what is it that marks out these particular "tote bags" (that may or may not be handed out by Cunard and/or other cruise lines), as different from the run of the mill supermarket bag (for example)?

J

Good Tote bags are made of soft leather & have partitions in or outside & a zipper on the top, Corporate ones normally have the company logo on the side.

Good Tote bags are made of soft leather & have partitions in or outside & a zipper on the top, Corporate ones normally have the company logo on the side.

Weh hey! Thanks Zider.

Sounds like they're a little bit like the truly crappy canvas ones that get dished out at academic conferences. We've got one we use to keep the clothes pegs in.

But your description makes me think the more upmarket ones could make good birthday presents for She Who Must be Obeyed. I need to get my hands on some sharpish.

J

OK,

J

Oh come James, you are letting the side down here. A TOTE bag is for toting things, a carrier bag is for putting aircraft in, a hand bag is for -- guess what. If the cousins didn't know it was a TOTE bag they wouldn't feel comfortable toting things in it and would probably just carry stuff in it instead which wouldn't do at all. Now buck up and look sharp or your kids will put you in a home.

An Instructive Gari.

PS I've recently heard things described as 'messenger bags' and, God Help Us, 'Man Bags'. The number of bags in which to carry specific things is increasing.

G

Now buck up and look sharp or your kids will put you in a home.

It's not the kids I need to worry about, it's the grand kids. They're already plotting how to get their mits on my house.

Incidentally, I think that in Sconny Botland, "man bags" are known as "b... but, no, we probably shouldn't go there!

J

It's not the kids I need to worry about, it's the grand kids. They're already plotting how to get their mits on my house.

Incidentally, I think that in Sconny Botland, "man bags" are known as "b... but, no, we probably shouldn't go there!

J

Here you go J. This one would be perfect for you, change the name and it's yours.:)

yhst-17297373371589_2061_1777946

Or you could get one from the company that bares my name, that probably invented them. And you can get them in any color. you would want. They even have a new argylle one that might catch your fancy.

The Beaner :)

sorry_prod.gif

Archived