Skyauction Messed Up My Tickets

Claire O'Brien

I bought two cruises from Skyauction on Lirica due to depart 27th December from Genoa on the Transatlantic cruise.

I had a change of address on 1st December which I myself entered on my profile on their website and also emailed them to make sure they were aware of it. I thought that would be unnecessary but I always like to make sure. They replied to my email so I know they got it.

I know the correct new address is shown on my details at their website because I checked.

Skyauction told me they would dispatch the tickets by Fedex on 12th December.

They did not do so but after some prompting sent them on 16th December and emailed me the details which I checked on the Fedex tracking.

Skyauction had for some reason sent the tickets to the OLD ADDRESS!

I immediately emailed them and they said they would re-route them by Fedex but when I checked this morning this had not occurred.

Fedex had just left the tickets at the old wrong address and state on their website that for this package Skyauction had issued a waiver saying NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED.

Otherwise the person there would have refused the delivery and it would have been sent back to Skyauction.

I did not just move down the street, I am now thousands of miles away!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Will MSC care that I don't have tickets when I turn up to the pier? I hope not.

Sorry to hear about your problems and hope that everything will work out for you. Pretty stressful for you.

Really have to make the sad observation that it says a lot for "THE SERVICE" in the USA that some people on this board always bang on about when they attack MSC!!

Yo-

Similar thing happened to us-

Went on Skyauction and changed our credit card number a couple of weeks before bidding on a new cruise ("Lirica")

Guess what - yep - they charged it to the old credit card-

What sucks is that you cannot call them - 'cause they don't show a phone number...........

Some of the perils that go with the good prices I guess........

Hope that it turns out ok-

Mike

No action from skyauction, but fortunately the people who live at my old address kindly faxed me the tickets.

Now there is a new problem with skyauction - I won an auction for a week at a Sheraton resort but after the auction skyauction emailed me and said they had no availability.

Doh! Why did they put that date in the auction only 3 days before then? Why didn't they pull the auction?

What a waste of time and adrenaline at the end in those last few minutes with my finger poised over the "bid" button and a stop watch in the other hand.

But sometime it comes good and then its worth it. I paid less than $800 for the 17 day transatlantic cruise so I guess that was good.

Archived