How late can you stay on the ship?

titans01

If I remember correctly, it's about 40 minutes south and a bit west of Miami. VERY easy to get to. They have air boat rides, gators, of course, and lots of wildlife and things to see and learn and do. You can go to www.nps.gov or http://www.nps.gov/ever/ you can plan a bit more, too.

EAST of Everglades, almost due south of Miami, is Biscayne National Park, but not sure if that is all in the water or not. LOL...

You are a wealth of knowledge for sure ... are you SURE you can't join me in January? :D:D Thanks!

Miriam

You are a wealth of knowledge for sure ... are you SURE you can't join me in January? :D:D Thanks!

Miriam

Miriam, LOL. You wanna pay my fare? I'll be there!

Anyways, I might not be a WORLD traveler, but I am a national traveler and we always have vacationed where there are national parks--they are one of our great national treasures. So you just happened to ask questions which I know a bit about.

Too bad you can't get over to the western side of the Everglades National Park... they have this TRAM RIDE that is something (even 5 or 6 years later) that I still remember so vividly. The kids on the tram loved it, the person giving the tour loved it and we thoroughly loved it. You don't have time to do that unless you stayed over night, but sometime if you cruise out of Miami again, plan to stay one extra day to come over to that side and check it out. We also took a cruise around the "10,000 islands" and saw wildlife like crazy. This eco system is insanely interesting. I digress, though...

I'll meet you at the terminal in MIA, ok? :D

We have been in this situation a lot, and the fact is that Carnival does everything they can to make you want to leave early.

There are continuous loud, obnoxious announcements, and it is definitely not better on the ship than it is running around Miami.

Here's what worked best for us: get off as early as you like, catch a ride to the airport, and pick up your rental car. Then go sightseeing... beach, everglades, shopping, you name it, Miami has a lot to offer. Then just mosey back to the airport before your flight and return the car.

Miriam, LOL. You wanna pay my fare? I'll be there!

Anyways, I might not be a WORLD traveler, but I am a national traveler and we always have vacationed where there are national parks--they are one of our great national treasures. So you just happened to ask questions which I know a bit about.

Too bad you can't get over to the western side of the Everglades National Park... they have this TRAM RIDE that is something (even 5 or 6 years later) that I still remember so vividly. The kids on the tram loved it, the person giving the tour loved it and we thoroughly loved it. You don't have time to do that unless you stayed over night, but sometime if you cruise out of Miami again, plan to stay one extra day to come over to that side and check it out. We also took a cruise around the "10,000 islands" and saw wildlife like crazy. This eco system is insanely interesting. I digress, though...

I'll meet you at the terminal in MIA, ok? :D

OK, well ... just keep watching for that email to pop up about being booked then! ;)

Actually we are flying in 2 days prior - could you possibly email me offlist (so I can stop my mini thread hijack ... sorry, OP!!! :o) to discuss things further????

kerrytens@yahoo.ca

Miriam

Archived