Peterson Cay Snorkeling? PLEASE HELP

werchy

is it any good? thinking of taking the "deserted island" excursion so we can snorkel, eat, and enjoy the beach. But, I'm afraid the snorkeling will be typical beach snorkeling instead of reef snorkeling. Anyone have first hand experience with the snorkeling at Peterson cay in Freeport?

is it any good? thinking of taking the "deserted island" excursion so we can snorkel, eat, and enjoy the beach. But, I'm afraid the snorkeling will be typical beach snorkeling instead of reef snorkeling. Anyone have first hand experience with the snorkeling at Peterson cay in Freeport?

There is coral reef snorkeling around Peterson Cay. If you snorkel at Peterson Cay, the best snorkeling is at high tide because it gets really shallow in places. From the beach it isn't that exciting at first, but as you get out a little bit you hit the reef, which is beautiful. There isn't as much fish life as there is at Treasure Reef, Rainbow Reef, or Silver Point Reef, where the other tours go, but the reef is really nice and there are fish, just not as many as the other places. I would guess you are snorkeling from the boat, not the beach, so you'll probably skip the not-interesting stuff and go straight onto the reef. I haven't done this excursion, but that's my guess. Being on the water in Freeport is a great day.

Archived