Liberty of the Seas with kids

We're looking into booking the Liberty of the Seas for Thanksgiving. We have 5 kids...ages: 12, 11, 9, and twin 2's.

We were on the Independence of the Seas last Thanksgiving. We loved the ship....and all there was to do. We had a great experience with on board babysitting (fairly important with 2 toddlers). Our only problem was the dining room. I think it may have been because it was the 2nd ever Carribean cruise for IOS. The ship had just come over from Europe. Anyway, the dining room was not kid friendly. We had sailed Explorer of the Seas before and had a great kid-friendly dining experience so this surprised us. On IOS they did not even have crayons. One night it took 1 hr and 15 min to get our main course. Obviously, with 5 kids, this is very hard. Of course it didn't help that our servers were awful...truthfully, in all the times we've cruise these servers were the worst.

Can anyone reassure me that dining with kids will be better on the Liberty of the Seas?

Thanks...

Jess

Well rest assured, we were on Indy in February and had a fabulous wait staff that were all about the kids. So even on the same ship you can have two totally different experiences in the dining room. ;)

For Liberty, sign up for the My Time FAMILY Dining? They will have a reduced wait time for the kids and the counselors will come to the DR and pick up the kids. :D

But you're right about the crayons. They told us on Indy that they were no longer giving them out because of the mess they made on the table cloths. :(

I had a fabulous experience on Liberty of the Seas in March. We cruised with myself and husband (late 20's) daughter (13months) and in laws (50's). We chose the my time dining and ate at 6:00 almost every night except San Juan nigth 7:30ish. We had the best wait staff, and the same every night! Had milk ready for the baby before we sat down, ckicken fingers ordered and arrived before we ordered and we were out the door within 90 minutes all nights! Even with most of us ordering more than one thing and being difficult with food alergies. Trust me, I know every ship is different but they have it down! I would highly suggest my time dining! We also never made a reservation! I'm sure it can't hurt to make one but we never waited for more than it took the guy at the desk to make sure the high chair was set up in our normal table, which it was every night! Litterally a minute or two.

We also loved the play groups for the little ones on deck 14. Our daughter was too little for adventure ocean but they had age specific play groups in the card rooms 2-3 times a day on sea days and the San Juan late arrival day. Different toys were available each time and our daughter had a blast! You can even sign out toys when you go too! Have a great time!

Archived