NCL Dawn 9-13 to 9-20 post cruise trip?

S1Blum

We will on the Dawn, which docks at the Manhattan Cruise terminal. We would like to take advantage of some extra time on the return day to see the city sights. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do with the baggage? I contacted a couple of private tour companies, but they want $100+ per hour to pick you up, tour you around, and drop off at the airport (LGA). Any suggestions? Also, how long does it take to get off the ship at this port - It is for the New England Cruise. Thanks!

Keep in mind that both NY airports are not IN The City (Manhattan) but on Long Island so it is a distance for a cab and the cab ride there is expensive. It is too far to check your luggage then go back into The City and there is nothing but the airport at the airports. (My husband was born and brought up in The City.)

Could you stay at a hotel when the ship comes back, leave your luggage there and see the city on your own via the subways and buses? Or come a day early? Then you wouldn't have to drag luggage around. Sorry, I know of no place to leave luggage since they no longer have lockers you can rent at Penn or Grand Central Stations or the Port Authority.

Thanks, Bonnie. We are going to come in one day early, but doubt we can see everything we would like in just a few hours. We are considering staying another night to do what you suggested. We had hoped that NCL did post cruise city tour excursions or the Bags Program they do at some other ports where they get the bags to the airport for a fee, but they don't.

I think if we could find others that wanted to do a post cruise "excursion" we could get a deal that would be more reasonable. Anyone else out there that will be on this cruise and flying out of LGA late afternoon?

Check the Roll Call here on cruisecritic.com. You may be able to find others that would like to do what you want to do! Remember there is a LOT to see in The City! ....... Maybe more than one day there??!!!

I think an extra day is what we are deciding to do. Any suggestions other than Times Square as a good area to stay. We will be in the Times Square area prior to the cruise...or should we go back to that area? Thanks for all your help!

Archived