Show Reservations

Since the Oasis is going to require show reservations (for at least Studio B and Aqueatheater if not all shows) through either your in cabin TV or the website prior to boarding (just like restaurants) rather than the old stand in line for a ticket system, when do you think this will open? I had thought it would become available when they opened restaurant reservations today but can't find it anywhere.

Since the Oasis is going to require show reservations (for at least Studio B and Aqueatheater if not all shows) through either your in cabin TV or the website prior to boarding (just like restaurants) rather than the old stand in line for a ticket system, when do you think this will open? I had thought it would become available when they opened restaurant reservations today but can't find it anywhere.

Thats the first I heard about anything like that....advance show reservations:confused:

Thats the first I heard about anything like that....advance show reservations:confused:

I first heard about it just after the last announcement. Someone found it listed on the site. If you go to: Plan A Cruise >> Ships >> Oasis of the Seas >> Onboard Experience on Oasis of the Seas (on the right side under Learn More About) >> Entertainment >> Specialty Venues >> Aqueatheater or Comedy Live (Jazz on 4 and ironically Studio B do not state it) >> Read More (under Learn). You will then see this statement when you scroll down:

"Reservations for Shows on Oasis and Allure of the Seas

See the shows you want to see, when you want to see them. With such an exciting variety of both original and world-renowned entertainment offerings to choose from, you'll be glad to know that you can reserve show times online at any time after you reserve your cruise, up until four days before you board. You can also choose your shows after you've boarded, using RCTV* in your stateroom. Don't forget to check Cruise Compass once you're onboard for more details.

Please Note: Pre-reservations for our theaters and shows are only offered on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. For all other ships, see your onboard Cruise Compass for show times. Seating for entertainment on all ships is on a first-come, first-serve basis."

Edit: If you click "Theaters & Shows" it is also stated so I'm guessing the main theater will have reservations as well. This location did not have the statement in the past.

Edit2: I was clicking around my reservation and went to Cruise Enhancements >> View Calendar. Has it always been this detailed and advanced? It makes it incredibly simple to manage your daily activities, I just wish it listed the MDR dinning time on each day as it is an event to plan around.

According to Royal Caribbean's website (click on link that says "onboard experience" for Oasis of the Seas), "With such an exciting variety of both original and world-renowned entertainment offerings to choose from, you'll be glad to know that you can reserve show times online at any time after you reserve your cruise, up until four days before you board. You can also choose your shows after you've boarded, using RCTV* in your stateroom.

Please Note: Pre-reservations for our theaters and shows are only offered on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas."

It does not appear that you can reserve shows yet. I tried to find a link on my reservation to reserve shows, but could not.

I first heard about it just after the last announcement. Someone found it listed on the site. If you go to: Plan A Cruise >> Ships >> Oasis of the Seas >> Onboard Experience on Oasis of the Seas (on the right side under Learn More About) >> Entertainment >> Specialty Venues >> Aqueatheater or Comedy Live (Jazz on 4 and ironically Studio B do not state it) >> Read More (under Learn). You will then see this statement when you scroll down:

"Reservations for Shows on Oasis and Allure of the Seas

See the shows you want to see, when you want to see them. With such an exciting variety of both original and world-renowned entertainment offerings to choose from, you'll be glad to know that you can reserve show times online at any time after you reserve your cruise, up until four days before you board. You can also choose your shows after you've boarded, using RCTV* in your stateroom. Don't forget to check Cruise Compass once you're onboard for more details.

Please Note: Pre-reservations for our theaters and shows are only offered on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. For all other ships, see your onboard Cruise Compass for show times. Seating for entertainment on all ships is on a first-come, first-serve basis."

Edit: If you click "Theaters & Shows" it is also stated so I'm guessing the main theater will have reservations as well. This location did not have the statement in the past.

Edit2: I was clicking around my reservation and went to Cruise Enhancements >> View Calendar. Has it always been this detailed and advanced? It makes it incredibly simple to manage your daily activities, I just wish it listed the MDR dinning time on each day as it is an event to plan around.

Interesting....see that....ya learn something new about this ship every day...thanks:)

Archived