Monarch of the Seas Deck 9

Just booked on Monarch of the Seas for August 3rd. Anyone else going? Also wondering if anyone has stayed on deck 9? We had considered 7 & 8 but due to traffic and limited views we choose a room on 9. Thanks for your feedback.

:)

Just booked on Monarch of the Seas for August 3rd. Anyone else going? Also wondering if anyone has stayed on deck 9? We had considered 7 & 8 but due to traffic and limited views we choose a room on 9. Thanks for your feedback.

I won't be on your cruise, but I've been on the Monarch a number of times and I really like the SOs on Deck 9. Bigger than the other OVs and the SOs have a safe and refrigerator (cooler ...) in the cabin, unlike the cabins below Deck 9.

There's a little corner sofa that's very comfortable. Overall, if you don't want to splurge for a JS, it's a good alternative for not a lot more money.

I think you'll be pleased with your choice (personally, I would NEVER book a Deck 7 OV, because I like having the curtains open for the light and you lose all privacy, if you do that on Deck 7). Bon Voyage!

Hi - my husband and I are going on the same cruise. We're on deck 9 also. Could not pass up the terrific fare. This will be our first time on Monarch but we have cruised numerous times on the Majesty and always book an SOV. Usually book a balcony but don't miss it at all on the short cruises. Looking forward to the cruise!

This will be my first cruise without a balcony. My boyfriend has never cruised and I'm sure he will like Superior Oceanview. We thought about an inside cabin but for a few dollars more we could move up.

I won't be on your cruise, but I've been on the Monarch a number of times and I really like the SOs on Deck 9. Bigger than the other OVs and the SOs have a safe and refrigerator (cooler ...) in the cabin, unlike the cabins below Deck 9.

There's a little corner sofa that's very comfortable. Overall, if you don't want to splurge for a JS, it's a good alternative for not a lot more money.

I think you'll be pleased with your choice (personally, I would NEVER book a Deck 7 OV, because I like having the curtains open for the light and you lose all privacy, if you do that on Deck 7). Bon Voyage!

Going on Monarch in Sept. and will be on deck 9. They say it is obstructed view, but so is deck 7 and 8?? How obstructed is it? Do you have any other tips, hints etc for the Monarch?

Thanks,

Marilyn

The SOV is room of choice on the Sovereign class. Your view is obstructed only in that you may not be able to see straight down. Other wise it is a great view.

We were on Monarch July 4 and had 9006. Rubin was our stateroom attendant. He is very good and quite friendly.

We will be back on Monarch in Oct but this time in JS as the price was to good to pass up.

Jimmy Rhodes is the CD and he has some great staff.

Have fun.

This is my first cruise on Monarch but have sailed RCI before. From what I've heard the views are not that obstructed. As long as I can see the sunshine I will be happy. Unless you have a balcony you really don't see much anyway.

We loved this cabin. The view obstruction was minor and only looking down, not out. The size is amazing compared to any other OV on this class of ship and there is a whole wall off mirrors that makes the cabin seem twice as large. You will really enjoy these cabins. Also, they have other cabins above and below, so no noise!

Deck 8 and 9 do have some obstuctions. Deck 7 has the promenade so people would be out there and if you do not have your curtain closed they can see in. However, with decks 8 & 9 you could run into crew out there working on the lifeboats. So you still have to be careful to some degree. There are certain cabins that have less obstruct and some that are almost totally blocked.

I have friends who have been on this ship multiple times and love her. They know which cabins are good. For my B2B in August we have a deck 8 and a deck 9. We just booked the last leg and did the deck 9. I am lucky my TA helped me to get a good room on deck 9. I booked the first leg on my own and used the chart that has been posted here(also on webshots) of which cabins have less obstuctions. I just did a search on webshots for the chart here is the link http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2851312700046215528hoLocd

Deck 9 is the Superior Oceanview and quite a bit larger than deck 8.

Archived