Staterooms on Ventura v Independence

dynamitedeb

Please can someone who has been on both ships advise which one has the best staterooms-- have already asked question which is best ship and pretty 50/50 from your replies but if anyone can tell me what facilities are best on each ship I would be really grateful-- thanks Debbie

The cabins on Ventura are nicer IMO apart from the balcony cabins, in which case I'd go in favour of Independence.

I prefer the Ventura inside cabins for the partitioned wardrobes, so if you travel with your folks as I sometimes do it's nice to have that extra bit of privacy!

But the regular balconies on the Independence seem much bigger than on Ventura.

I have been on both ships, and have taken photos, here is my Ventura album set on the balcony stateroom we had, carry on for plenty of photos of the ship

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865494411432754

and here is my Independence album set on a similar balcony stateroom

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/IndependenceShipVisitJuly08?authkey=Gv1sRgCMqQ4aTLt_7hOA#5227748472324138082

again lots of photos of the ship to view.

I would say cabins are about the same , you need to decide if you want the American experience or the British experience,

We have stayed in the lowest class balcony cabins on bith ships and we think the wardrobe on the Ventura is far better than the Indy. It's a bit like a walk in wardrobe and there is plenty of hanging space.

As for actual space in the cabin, then the Indy is probably a little bigger than the Ventura.

On the Indy, the bed is nearer to the balcony and than on Ventura.

Overall, there is not much to choose between them.

We think the facilities are better on Indy as there are far more things to do. However, the entertainment, we felt, was better on Ventura.

Hope this helps.

Gail & Ron

Much bigger? On the same grade comparison cabins - seemed the same to me.:confused:

We were in a cabin for 4 on Indy so maybe that was the difference.

Also I prefer the showers on the Independence, the Ventura showers just seemed to drizzle out.

Not been on Indy, but have been on Ventura. I second the point about the wardrobe - there's a good walk-in area between the bathroom and the rest of the cabin. Gives you very easy access to the hangers, etc, and also serves to separate the bathroom from the cabin living area.

As regards balcony size, if you can get a cabin on C deck on Ventura then you get a double-size balcony - it's twice the depth (door to rail) of those on the decks above.

Not been on Indy, but have been on Ventura. I second the point about the wardrobe - there's a good walk-in area between the bathroom and the rest of the cabin. Gives you very easy access to the hangers, etc, and also serves to separate the bathroom from the cabin living area.

As regards balcony size, if you can get a cabin on C deck on Ventura then you get a double-size balcony - it's twice the depth (door to rail) of those on the decks above.

THats good because that what we have--thanks

We have stayed in the lowest class balcony cabins on bith ships and we think the wardrobe on the Ventura is far better than the Indy. It's a bit like a walk in wardrobe and there is plenty of hanging space.

As for actual space in the cabin, then the Indy is probably a little bigger than the Ventura.

On the Indy, the bed is nearer to the balcony and than on Ventura.

Overall, there is not much to choose between them.

We think the facilities are better on Indy as there are far more things to do. However, the entertainment, we felt, was better on Ventura.

Hope this helps.

Gail & Ron

Thanks Gail and Ron, Can always reply on you for some good advice- DebbieX

We've been on both and I would say the cabins on Ventura have got more room. The walk in wardrobe is definitely better, IOS's is obstructed by the safe and limited long hanging space. We like our bed in a queen formation and struggled to walk round on IOS but had no problem on Ventura. We had a settee on IOS and found this made the cabin feel cramped. I would agree though that the shower on IOS is good, with a solid clear surround rather than a horrible curtain. My mum had a cabin converted for disabled on IOS and this was excellent, it was like a ballroom with plenty of space for a wheelchair and an extremely well equipped bathroom. For those who think Ventura is a big ship, it is small compare with IOS. We enjoyed both, but probably would not go on IOS again.

We've been on both and I would say the cabins on Ventura have got more room. The walk in wardrobe is definitely better, IOS's is obstructed by the safe and limited long hanging space. We like our bed in a queen formation and struggled to walk round on IOS but had no problem on Ventura. We had a settee on IOS and found this made the cabin feel cramped. I would agree though that the shower on IOS is good, with a solid clear surround rather than a horrible curtain. My mum had a cabin converted for disabled on IOS and this was excellent, it was like a ballroom with plenty of space for a wheelchair and an extremely well equipped bathroom. For those who think Ventura is a big ship, it is small compare with IOS. We enjoyed both, but probably would not go on IOS again.

Thanks for all the info - it is appreciated

Archived