Help with Diamond cabin

dogdoc2002

We're booked on the Diamond June 2010 to Alaska. We were on the Diamond 2007 and had a BD, which we loved. We opted for a BC guarentee this time. I received an e-mail tonight from our travel agent offering an upgrade to either a BB or an AC, both for less money than what we've booked at. I'm all for the mini-suite for more room, but we're also going with my inlaws, and my mother-in-law has knees that give her problems sometimes. I know in the regular balconies there is a small step up to get in the bathroom which wouldn't be there in the mini's, but there is a tub instead of a shower.

What do folks think? My mother-in-law gets around for the most part with out any problems, but does have trouble some days with big steps.

Also, what, if any, perks come with the mini-suites?

Thanks!

Dogdoc2002

I have never seen a cabin on Princess that did not have the step up into the bathroom unless it was a handicapped accessible cabin. As far as the tub goes, only you know if she will be able to step into it, but perhaps she could sit on the edge and swing her legs over the edge to get in and out. There is also a grab bar right at the end of the tub to help people get in and out.

If you have more than two in the cabin I would strongly suggest the minisuite as there is a great deal more room in the cabin than in a standard balcony cabin.

Guess I wasn't clear when I made my original post, sorry:( We are going with my in-laws, but we each have our own cabins. The offer from our TA was to upgrade both of us for less money, from the BC guarentee to either a BB guarentee or the AC.

I'm assuming the tub is just like what's in a hotel, nothing taller/different, correct?

dogdoc2002

In mini suites its a tub/shower combo instead of just the small shower in the regular balcony cabins. As someone suggested above, perhaps she could sit on the edge and swing her legs in.

I would go for the mini, everyone will have more room, and a sitting area, as well as a balcony about the same size as the BB/BA's on Caribe deck, so a bit more room for her to just maneuver around.

Archived