Age of Pacific Islander Cruisers

alyRO

I saw a thread asking a similar question, but for a specific cruise line. We haven't done a Pacific cruise yet and are very interested in it for 2010 or later. I'm guessing that because of the shear prices of the cruise, we'll be one of the youngest couples on there? We're 26 & 33 so I wouldn't be surprised. I don't seem to mind it but I'm thinking my b/f will. What are the avg ages on these cruises?

We just returned from the Regent Paul Gauguin Society Island 7 day cruise. There were several young honeymooning couples, as well as several families with small children. We are in our late 40s, and our kids (19 & 21) were traveling with us--they found several early-mid-20's folks to hang out with long after we'd gone to bed. Sure, there were plenty of gray hairs to be seen, but there's nothing wrong with that either!

The cruise was wonderful and if you're into snorkeling/scuba diving/outdoor water sports you'll have a ball.

We just returned from the Regent Paul Gauguin Society Island 7 day cruise. There were several young honeymooning couples, as well as several families with small children. We are in our late 40s, and our kids (19 & 21) were traveling with us--they found several early-mid-20's folks to hang out with long after we'd gone to bed. Sure, there were plenty of gray hairs to be seen, but there's nothing wrong with that either!

The cruise was wonderful and if you're into snorkeling/scuba diving/outdoor water sports you'll have a ball.

::sigh of relief:: Thanks for the input! That was the cruiseline we were looking into the the work "luxury" is scary when you're wondering if you'll have people in your age group on there.

I have heard that Tahiti is one of the honeymoon cruise destinations and true to form, there were a few in our roll call group last year. There were few pax over 60 . The various water activities at the islands encourage a "younger" group. You will have a great time.

Anna

We are a family group that cruises all over the world - ages 61 for gigi and papa, son and DIL are late 30's, early 40's and grand kids at 7 and 9 - we all love outdoors, water sports, etc. we have found folks of all ages that love the islands, diving, snorkeling, swimming all over the world - I think you will enjoy the cruise and sounds like lots of younger folks do enjoy this cruise - you will probably find lots of interesting folks to have fun with, no matter their ages.......Happy Sails to You!

:confused: We are taking the Rotterdam's 33 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti in Jan.'10. DH would love to get in some deep sea fishing ---- is this

possible --- any suggestions as to which islands are better for this

and who should I contact. I see nothing offered on the HAL's shore

excursions list. Thanks.

When we did a Tahiti to Hawaii cruise on Princess in 2006, everyone asked DH and I (we were both 29 at the time) if we were honeymooners. There were probably 15 or 20 honeymooning couples onboard, mostly in their 20's or early 30's. There was also a decent sized group of Canadian couples in their early 40's who we made friends with, they were loads of fun. But I would describe the bulk of the passengers onboard as "active retirees," retired folks who liked to go on fairly active excursions like snorkeling, and nearly all of them had really cool travel stories to share. That was probably the best vacation DH and I have ever taken in part because of all the cool people we met.

Archived