Ketchikan stores

Dezheaven

Stores open when the ships come in. Also, When we were on the Golden at Ketchikan, there were long lines to get back on ship, way past the recommended to to get on board. The shops are just across the street, a very short walk. You'll have time after the show to stop by some stores.

If I ever go back to Alaska, and I hope to, one thing I will not do is book any excursions in Ketchikan. The shops are all basically right in front of you when you get off the ship. There is a wonderful fish and chips place and another that has a seafood chowder that was the best I have ever had but did not have time to enjoy it because we had to hurry for our next excursion. Let me see if i have a pic so you will have a better idea of what it looks like at the dock area. This pic shows pretty good. Taken from the top of the walkway before we went down to the dock. Between the red barriers at the bottom of the pic and the ship itself is an area where the excursion buses can drive up to the ship area and also the welcome building where the rain gauge is and a mail box. I sat on a bench and wrote some post cards while I ate the chowder.

IMG_0247_Large_.JPG

decided to not book a tour next year in Ketchikan and do the walking tour. I was able to download the map from another thread. How much time does it take to do the walking tour, including time to shop and possibly enjoy some of that chowder?:D I noticed there are some "admission charge" attractions on the tour. Are they worth it or should we just walk on by and save our pennies for shopping?

Archived