IOS vs. FOS?

I had my cruise date and itinerary all picked out and was thinking it was on Freedom. Now I see it's Independence. What are the differences in the two ships? I have been avidly reading the "all things freedom" posts.

There are very few differences.

Indy has the ability to heat their pools. For some reason, in February, they decided that they didn't need to in the Caribbean. No one was in the solarium pool or the main pool because it was really cold.

In the cabins, Indy has electric tea kettles (because the home port is Southampton)

Freedom leaves out of Port Canaveral and does 7 day trips to the same ole ports ;)

Indy leaves out of Fort Lauderdale and does 6 and 8 day cruises - a few different ports (costa maya/belize)

Other than that - no, no difference. And don't forget about Liberty out of Miami - same style of ship too. :D

The Indy came out in 2008, the Freedom in 2006. Aside from artwork and sculptures, the heated freshwater pools and the teakettles, they are the same ship. We have been on both and are waiting for the Liberty to shift to Bayonne to replace the Explorer, to complete the trio (hope, hope, hope :D ).

Archived