Suggested activities for Bermuda

LINY123

Cruising to Bermuda on 8/9 with a family of 5... DH, DW, Son - 21, Daughter - 20, Daughter -15... husband and son love fishing and would love a great deep fishing excursion, we all would love a family - moderately active excursion, i.e., snorkeling, kayaking, etc, would love a family beach day and a day of shopping and sightseeing with the girls while the boys are fishing... any suggestions????

If your on a ship that docks at the Dockyard, you might want to look into a place called Somerset Bridge Watersports. They have Boston Whalers for rent that you can use for fishing, snorkeling etc. My 20-something kids did it last year and had a great time. Somerset is not too far away from the Dockyard (20 minutes?) on bus #7.

This is the first I've heard of Somerset Bridge Watersports. My family has a reservation with KS watersports...anyone know which is better. Difference in price is significant...Somerset is lower in cost.

jmj32 - My oldest son first used Somerset Watersports when he stayed at The Reefs for his honeymoon. They were recommended by the hotel. When we cruised to Bermuda last year he used them again with his wife, brother, & sister. He found the price reasonable and enjoyed seeing Bermuda from a different vantage point. I know they rent snorkle equipment and fishing rods if you want to do more than cruise the harbor. I was going to use them with my wife a couple of weeks ago, but bad weather and rough seas made that impossible.

We just returned today from our cruise to Bermuda. I am happy to recommend Jesse James Cruises for a snorkeling tour on a glass bottom boat. Capt. Jim is terrific and offers plenty of information during the tour. Prices are very reasonable and they will pick you up at the dockyard. http://www.jessiejames.bm/

For beaches, go to Horseshoe Bay. You can take the bus there, but make sure you arrive on the early side as they run out of beach chair rentals by noon.

Have a great time!

Archived