Ruins and snorkeling

guntheros

We will be on the Carnival Glory: Western Itinerary sailing to Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau. I am wondering where the best place to snorkel is? We have snorkeled in Belize before, but the area we went to, everything was really deep and not as easy to see. We snorkeled in Grand Cayman and it was a lot more shallow and easier to see everything. This is more what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? I have heard a lot of good things about Belize snorkeling, but I have also heard good things about their ruins. Has anyone snorkeled in Belize where the corals and fish aren't so deep? Any suggestions and/or comments are greatly appreciated! So... if you had to choose, would you snorkel or go to the ruins there? TIA for all of your advice.

We will be on the Carnival Glory: Western Itinerary sailing to Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau. I am wondering where the best place to snorkel is? We have snorkeled in Belize before, but the area we went to, everything was really deep and not as easy to see. We snorkeled in Grand Cayman and it was a lot more shallow and easier to see everything. This is more what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? I have heard a lot of good things about Belize snorkeling, but I have also heard good things about their ruins. Has anyone snorkeled in Belize where the corals and fish aren't so deep? Any suggestions and/or comments are greatly appreciated! So... if you had to choose, would you snorkel or go to the ruins there? TIA for all of your advice.

I've snorkeled Shark Ray Alley in Belize. I've been to Xanantunich ruins in Belize. Also Chacchoben ruins in Costa Maya. The snorkeling in SRA of Belize was fantastic the day we were there, approx 10 feet of water and lots of fish, highly recommended. With your itinerary the ruins of Chacchoben in Costa Maya are the number one tour of that port. Cozumel has famous snorkeling and the Ruins of Tulum, so you can't lose with either of those also. My recommendation is Shark Ray Alley- Belize, Chacchoben Ruins-Costa Maya, Tulum Ruins- Cozumel, Snorkeling-Nassau. Good Luck:D

This was exactly the type of answer I was looking for! I was actually hoping someone would say that Shark Ray Alley was good. That was really one that I was wanting to do. Thank you so much! Any other thoughts from anyone else?

Oh yeah! I forgot to ask... who did you do the Shark Ray Alley with? The cruise company or an independent company. I was looking at it through Coral Breeze Tours.

I haven't done Shark Ray Alley yet (that's for either a future cruise or a land vacation in Belize), but my roommate did last cruise and was very happy with Coral Breeze. It was his first independent tour, so he was very nervous about it beforehand, but he couldn't stop raving about it afterward.

Archived