Oosterdam Cabins on back of ship

ChekdBob

I am cruising for the third time on the Oosterdam next April (the last tiime being 5 yrs ago). The last time we had a deluxe verandah suite on the back of the ship and it had a HUGE balcony where we could bask in the sun all day......This time around I booked cabin 6177 ...basically the same location but a corner cabin....while checking blogs and current photos of the Oosterdam it looks like they might have built covers or roofs over these balconies. Has this been done and will it affect my basking time?????

Thanks,

ChekdBob

Yes, in April of this year decks 6 through 9 were extended, which has greatly reduced the size and sun exposure of the balconies on 6 through 8. The deck 4 and 5 balconies remained the same size, but those on deck 5 are almost completely covered. If you want the kind of balcony you had before, move down to deck 4.

Just came off the Med 24 day trip on Oosterdam and attended cocktail party on 4th deck 4179 back VA cabin that had a short overhang 1 foot and all the rest of area was uncovered but...people on decks overhead could look down on it. Don't know about suite on corners, tho - check with your travel agent. We loved our VD balcony 4142 that extended beyond the top decks and was mostly covered by overhang yet we had lots of sun and could sit out under and still get sun. You'll love the ship again! :)

:cool: We are sailing the Oosterdam in 2010 on April 10th., 7 Day to Mexico. Suite 7133 has that wrap-around deck, and I do not know if we lost any sun...but it's okay with me anyway because the balconies in the AFT are awsome. Anybody know if 7133 was affected? This will be our 2nd. cruise on Oosterdam, in the corner AFT suite. We love it. Thanks. - Don

Anybody know if 7133 was affected?

John says::D

Yes, in April of this year decks 6 through 9 were extended, which has greatly reduced the size and sun exposure of the balconies on 6 through 8.

Archived