Share Craps Methods and Strategies

teeredi2cruise

We'd call that the vig here, a surcharge for taking the action. Juice = interest that runs while Guido is chasing you around town trying to collect. :)

Critter, would you replace your bet on the points as they're made/hit and you lose, to keep the board full? Or do you just let them dwindle down until the shooter sevens out?

Just had to say I sat and watched your Mr. Bean and just giggled out loud for a couple of minutes - was waiting for it to stop and repeat but it just kept on for like a minute!! Love it...

Although I'm the king of the low-rollers, I have enjoyed reading about your strategies. For a low minimum table I have always gone to Slots of Fun where the craps table used to be almost on the sidewalk. Think my last visit was in 2004 - it was directly across the Strip from the Riviera, but maybe it's gone by now. Their deal was $1 minimum till 6PM and then it went to $2. Anyway, good luck to all.

Howard

• 2 months later...

I have been playing Craps since 1985,

Start with a Passline bet with twice the minimum bet, once the point is made add max odds to the passline bet. If it hits, drop down to the minimum bet on the pass line, with Max odds again. If it hits again, add one "unit" to the passline bet, and proceed as before, adding only one "unit" at a time with each win. This way you are using their money most of the time.

If the table is really hot, I will do the same with a come bet, but only to a max of 2 come bets working at a time.

When you do it this way, you are constantly filling your tray, and increasing your bets when it gets hot.

example:

$5.00 table w/ double odds, Original bankroll $100

step 1- $10 on passline, $90 in rack, $10 on table

step 2- Point is 9, add $20 to odds for the passline, $70 in rack, $30 exposure

point 9 is made, pay off even $10 for passline, $30 (3 to 2) for odds, total winnings $40, Bankroll is now $140

step 3- $5 on passline, $135 in rack, $5 on table

step 4- Point is 6, add $10 to odds for the passline, $125 in rack, $15 exposure

point 6 is made, pay off even $5 for passline, $12 (6 to 5) for odds, total winnings $17, Bankroll is now $157

step 5- $10 on passline, $147 in rack, $10 on table

step 6- Point is 4, add $20 to odds for the passline, $127 in rack, $30 exposure

point 4 is made, pay off even $10 for passline, $40 (2 to 1) for odds, total winnings $50, Bankroll is now $177

step 7- $15 on passline, $162 in rack, $15 on table

step 8- Point is 10, add $30 to odds for the passline, $132 in rack, $45 exposure

point 10 is made, pay off even $15 for passline, $60 (2 to 1) for odds, total winnings $75, Bankroll is now $207. You just doubled your money on a hot roll, with a maximum of $30 exposure at the beginning.

Now it does not come this way all the time of course, but I have used this method many times (going up one unit at a time, and ended up with $200 pass line and $400 odds. I do not have that kind of a bankroll to do that just walking up to a table. Best winnings, $100 starting bankroll, and $8300 1.5 hrs later.

Topherball,

If a seven is thrown before the point is made, how does that affect your strategy? Do you repeat the same passline bet?

That kills the run, and I start over from the beginning. If I had a big run, I will ride it out until someone 7's out, then color out, and walk away with the money.

Archived