Halifax Sewage Problem??

Hi,

I really do not want to cause an uproar....but somewhere on this board I read that Halifax was having a problem with sewage. Does anyone know if this is accurate and if this would interfere with our stop there next week? How would/could this affect us? :confused:

Thanks.

Hi,

I really do not want to cause an uproar....but somewhere on this board I read that Halifax was having a problem with sewage. Does anyone know if this is accurate and if this would interfere with our stop there next week? How would/could this affect us? :confused:

Thanks.

We were just there on July 2nd (on the Triumph) and Halifax looked (and smelled) just fine. There were a few previous reviewers on these boards who mentioned a problem with sewage smells on the ship itself, not the City of Halifax. Is that what you are remembering? If so, several people posted that they noticed this problem midships on Deck 2 on the mid-June cruises. Everything was fine, though, on our June 29th cruise.

I am glad to hear that that your trip was fine - we are really looking forward to ours.

But I am definitely referring to someone's comment about sewage problem in Halifax. Another poster wrote that they wanted to take the Harbour Hopper tour (part boat ride part tour) and the OP said they may want to check to see if the sewage problem in Halifax was resolved.

Hi,

Thanks.

One of their large sewage pumps broke down but you won't notice it.

Archived