Just off Destiny

parpar22

I'm going on the Destiny next month and can't wait. I do have some questions if you don't mind answering them.

What kind of movies are they playing on the outdoor movie screen?

What night is the formal night?

Thanks in advance. Hope you had a great cruise

Welcome back!!! What were your ports of call? What excursions did you?

Did you sail from Miami? If, so what time did you arrive at the port and get onto the ship?

Did you self assist or do general debarkation? If so, what time did you debark?

Thanks in advance.

What kind of movies are they playing on the outdoor movie screen?

there were usually 2 or 3 movies a night sometimes concerts played or they should footage from the day they had taped but some of the movies i remember were House Bunny, Hancock, etc they were fairly new movies and it was a very popular thing on my trip.

What night is the formal night?

On our cruise it was the second night which was friday the day we docked in Keywest.

Did you sail from Miami? If, so what time did you arrive at the port and get onto the ship?

We did sail from miami and they have an amazing new terminal it is HUGE and gorgeous it took literally took 7 minutes to get on. we arrived around 12 and got right on and into our rooms. The new terminal is so efficient and spacious.

We did general and put our luggage through. We got off at 9 this morning it was no problem walked Right off and they have a wonderful new baggage system just like and airport the converayrs are labeled with your tag numbers and you just walk up grab them and go through customs the whole process took less than 5 minutes from ship to shore and the line was long but moved so fast. THe new terminal really changes the way everything is done there. Our luggage # was called at 745 but we were able to get breakfast and then leave at 9 i believe around 930 was the latest to get off.

Planning a back to back on the Destiny for next May - what can you tell us about the clubs/lounges - music etc.? Also, did you use the aft pool (adult area) and if so, how was that? Did they have music playing there or anything?

Did you do any excursion while in port or just go off on your own? Thanks for any other info you can offer on the Destiny! Looking forward to sailing out of Miami! It's been a long time since we've done that!

Oh, also, did you use the kiosks for checking in or are they not up and running yet?

Planning a back to back on the Destiny for next May - what can you tell us about the clubs/lounges - music etc.? Also, did you use the aft pool (adult area) and if so, how was that? Did they have music playing there or anything? The aft wasnt to much of an "adult" area there were less children but the 24 hour pizza and the grill are out there so peopel were always in line there and at night it was the only late late night bar open so it got it was packed at night. it was a nice area but there were better places to sit out you are confined in there since it has walls around and a retractable roof

Did you do any excursion while in port or just go off on your own? Thanks for any other info you can offer on the Destiny! Looking forward to sailing out of Miami! It's been a long time since we've done that! We just went on our own since we had been to Cozumel quite a few times. The pier where the ship docks is a carnival enterprise so the best thing is to take a 4 dollar taxi downtoen the best deals are there.

Oh, also, did you use the kiosks for checking in or are they not up and running yet? They had plently of kiosks up and running right in the center of the room.

We did sail from miami and they have an amazing new terminal it is HUGE and gorgeous it took literally took 7 minutes to get on. we arrived around 12 and got right on and into our rooms. The new terminal is so efficient and spacious.

We did general and put our luggage through. We got off at 9 this morning it was no problem walked Right off and they have a wonderful new baggage system just like and airport the converayrs are labeled with your tag numbers and you just walk up grab them and go through customs the whole process took less than 5 minutes from ship to shore and the line was long but moved so fast. THe new terminal really changes the way everything is done there. Our luggage # was called at 745 but we were able to get breakfast and then leave at 9 i believe around 930 was the latest to get off.

This is AWESOME news! Thanks for sharing!

Hi there, We are on the Destiny on 8/24 and have booked two cat 11 suites and an inside cabin across the hall for the kids. Wondering if you have any pictures of the suite. Also, what dining room were you in? Is there a preference in the two dining rooms? Thanks lots for your response. We are sooo excited. Actually, I am the one really excited and driving my family crazy.

Hi there, We are on the Destiny on 8/24 and have booked two cat 11 suites and an inside cabin across the hall for the kids. Wondering if you have any pictures of the suite. Also, what dining room were you in? Is there a preference in the two dining rooms? Thanks lots for your response. We are sooo excited. Actually, I am the one really excited and driving my family crazy.

Not trying to interrupt but I have pics of our category 11 on the Destiny in the following thread. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1015093&highlight=

Is this out of MIA to the Caribbean? If so we will be on the same cruise!

We were in room 7133 and 7139 they were right next to each other so we were able t have the room steward open the balcony divider to make the balcony HUGE! We had the dining room on the back of the ship it is definelty nicer then the one off the lobby especially with all the windows looking behind the ship. Our waiter was amazing.

ot trying to interrupt but I have pics of our category 11 on the Destiny in the following thread. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...093&highlight=

Looks just like this except we had the one next door also and they opened the balcony divider between so we had a HUGE balcony.

That must have been fantastic! I thought the suite balcony was so BIG anyway but to open two of them together? I bet that was amazing!!

We were in room 7133 and 7139 they were right next to each other so we were able t have the room steward open the balcony divider to make the balcony HUGE! We had the dining room on the back of the ship it is definelty nicer then the one off the lobby especially with all the windows looking behind the ship. Our waiter was amazing.

Did you request the dining room in the back of the ship ahead of time, or were you just lucky? I am wondering if I should request it now since I am thinking of it. We have a party of 7 and are celebrating birthdays and an anniversary, so that would be really nice.

Archived