Fantasy question and anyone else sailing 10/31/2009?

KCMarie

Hi all,

I just joined up here, been reading a while though and am grateful for the many great folks on this board.

I'm sailing out of New Orleans on the Fantasy October 31, 2009 to Progresso and Cozumel. Anyone else going?

This is my second cruise on the Fantasy, last time was in a stateroom with a friend of mine, we were way up front on Riviera Deck, outside room.

This time, me, my son and daughter will be sharing an inside room, R4 category, Riviera aft section location. Supposed to have two twins and one bunk.

Questions:

Anyone know how quiet this area is? Vibrations and such?

Anyone know the bunk capacity/size? (I asked my PVP, he says no problem, but I'd like to hear what some of you folks think about that) My football freak son is 6'4 and 320. I am thinking if he can't take that upper bunk, I will.... Mom is smaller and more delicate. :)

Lastly, does anyone have any pictures to share of what this type room would look like? There is not one I can find on the Carnival site.

Thank you!

Marie

Hi all,

I just joined up here, been reading a while though and am grateful for the many great folks on this board.

I'm sailing out of New Orleans on the Fantasy October 31, 2009 to Progresso and Cozumel. Anyone else going? Go to the roll call boards and find your cruise.

This is my second cruise on the Fantasy, last time was in a stateroom with a friend of mine, we were way up front on Riviera Deck, outside room.

This time, me, my son and daughter will be sharing an inside room, R4 category, Riviera aft section location. Supposed to have two twins and one bunk.

Questions:

Anyone know how quiet this area is? Vibrations and such?

Anyone know the bunk capacity/size? (I asked my PVP, he says no problem, but I'd like to hear what some of you folks think about that) My football freak son is 6'4 and 320. I am thinking if he can't take that upper bunk, I will.... Mom is smaller and more delicate. :) Do not know, but i would be safe rather then sorry

Lastly, does anyone have any pictures to share of what this type room would look like? There is not one I can find on the Carnival site.

Thank you!

Marie

All I have is Ocean view room pictures. But ours had an upper birth. The rooms are similar. The wooden looking cabinet over the bed is the upper birth

Cruise011.jpg

Hope this helps.

I am 6'1, i weigh half as much as your son, I'm thinking there was a weight limit of 300 of 350, but i cant remember, I know you have to be at least 6 years old. I was about as long as the bed, my feet hung over a couple inches, just like at home. I sleep curled up so it was no big deal to me. The hardest part of being tall was getting down on the ladder if i had to use the restroom at night. I would just stand on my parents bed and hoist myself up or down in morning or at night. Part of my problem with getting down was because i was tall, but part of it was because my neck is fused from my skull to my 6th vertebrate, so my neck is very stiff, and does not bend. I found it easier to roll on my stomach and go down the ladder facing it. I still had a blast and would just try not to drink a lot before bed in hopes i could make it without having to get up.

The only pullman related injury was i would read my hardback book before bed, it was great because i had a light right above my bed and it wouldnt bother my parents because my bed blocked the light. There is no table in the air so i would put my book under my pillow, well i wake up to use the restroom and my book falls and whacks my mom right on the head, luckily she sleeps through anything, she said her head felt bruised in the morning. I never did tell her what happened, at least it was not too thick of a book.

Anyways enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will enjoy it and figure things out.

All I have is Ocean view room pictures. But ours had an upper birth. The rooms are similar. The wooden looking cabinet over the bed is the upper birth

Hope this helps.

Thanks Naomi, the picture helps a lot! I also found the Roll Call area and have posted there. Thanks!

Marie

Archived