Chairman's Blog Construction Update Pictures

This went up yesterday but didn't see anyone post on it yet.

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/chairmans-blog/

Click the slideshow link to view the flikr page. Most of these pictures have been seen before but a few were new to me. Also interesting to read his comments on the pictures.

To view the comments, click the "Show Info" text in the flikr slideshow..

This went up yesterday but didn't see anyone post on it yet.

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/chairmans-blog/

Click the slideshow link to view the flikr page. Most of these pictures have been seen before but a few were new to me. Also interesting to read his comments on the pictures.

To view the comments, click the "Show Info" text in the flikr slideshow..

I couldn't understand WHY he would post so many pictures that's been seen a dozen times:mad::rolleyes:

Those rear facing loft suites don't look like they are going to get much privacy at all....looks to me like they are going to have to have the drapes pulled quite a bit....that kind of defeats the entire purpose if you ask me.

I couldn't understand WHY he would post so many pictures that's been seen a dozen times:mad::rolleyes:

I believe he prefaced it by saying these were HIS personal favorites. Some of the Aqua Theater close ups shots of the lifts I had never seen before.

Most if not all of those pictures with the exception of a few are on the RCI facebook photo page.

Well then I'm glad he posted them again, for those of us that are not part of the facebook page.

On the Aqua Theatre picture where you can see the seating, do you think that is close to how the seating tier will be when it is finished? Looks like it would be very uncomfortable to sit there and have your knees bent so acutely...

I doubt they will put chairs, but some benches would be nice - guess we'll have to wait and see.

On the Aqua Theatre picture where you can see the seating, do you think that is close to how the seating tier will be when it is finished? Looks like it would be very uncomfortable to sit there and have your knees bent so acutely...

I doubt they will put chairs, but some benches would be nice - guess we'll have to wait and see.

I could have sworn that the plan was to have convertible chairs...sun lounger during day and chair at night for the show.

I could have sworn that the plan was to have convertible chairs...sun lounger during day and chair at night for the show.

Yes, that is exactly what the seating will be. It's depicted in every artist's rendering as well as being described as such in print. I wonder how many it will seat. Anyone know? Looks like there's plenty of standing room however! ;)

What would be totally cool is if they had a brass ring to grab! Anyone remember the brass rings on carousels? I still have one from the carousel in Golden Gate Park ... grabbed in the late 60's and never returned. It's on my key ring. Can't wait to ride the white horse. She/He is beautiful!!!!! :)

Is the entire promenade leading back to the amphitheatre uncovered or @ least open to ocean air?

You may be confusing areas of the ship. The Promenades is all enclosed and a deck below the Central Park area. The Boardwalk area is open to the Aqua Theater and ocean air. Kind of like being on the Wildwood NJ Boardwalk :D

You may be confusing areas of the ship. The Promenades is all enclosed and a deck below the Central Park area. The Boardwalk area is open to the Aqua Theater and ocean air. Kind of like being on the Wildwood NJ Boardwalk :D

Thanks. I guess I couldn't see that in the pics or drawing that the Prom was BELOW the neighborhoods.

btw - does the Boardwalk connect to Central Park which would mean that it too was somewhat open to the ocean air?

Archived