DECT Phones available on Carnival?

YFancyface

Hi, I just heard about some cruise lines offereing DECT phones. Honestly I had never heard of them until now. I guess hey are like cordless phones that you can call back and forth to each other while anywhere on the cruise? (Please, correct me if I'm wrong ;)). I heard that they are aprox $25 for the week. I keep saying "I heard," I actually saw it on you-tube.

I think that, that would be an awesome idea! I would rather rent those than buy walkie talkies... (which is what I'm looking up and how I found the DECT)

I'll wait to buy just incase I'm lucky enough to here a confirmation! Oh yes, I'll be on the Valor. :D

Hi, I just heard about some cruise lines offereing DECT phones. Honestly I had never heard of them until now. I guess hey are like cordless phones that you can call back and forth to each other while anywhere on the cruise? (Please, correct me if I'm wrong ;)). I heard that they are aprox $25 for the week. I keep saying "I heard," I actually saw it on you-tube.

I think that, that would be an awesome idea! I would rather rent those than buy walkie talkies... (which is what I'm looking up and how I found the DECT)

I'll wait to buy just incase I'm lucky enough to here a confirmation! Oh yes, I'll be on the Valor. :D

YFancyface,

We had one on Freedom and on Liberty. Haven't inquired about them on any other ships we've been on. Camp Carnival offered them free for parents of all campers age five and under. As I recall the brochure that came with the phone listed a rental price for parents of older campers, but I don't recall the price.

The phones are IP network based phones. We have similar phones where I work.

CLICK HERE for the current policy of Camp Carnival re phones;

What are the beeper/phone policies onboard? How can you contact us?spacer.gifParents with CHILDREN 3 or UNDER will be provided with a beeper/phone for the duration of the cruise. Beepers/Phones will be provided for those parents with children 4 and 5 years depending on the ship’s availability. Beepers/phones must be returned to Camp Carnival BEFORE 10:00pm on the last night of the cruise or you will be charged for it. There is no charge for this service, but there will be a charge for the beeper/phone on your Sail and Sign if the beeper/phone is lost or not returned in good condition.

Parents will be beeped/called if the child is misbehaving, ill, seriously unhappy, asking continuously for their parents and in case of an emergency. The beeper/phone is used for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship

Archived