Norwegian vs Carnival

Actually there is not a lot of difference between NCL and Carnival. I am not loyal to any cruiseline, I really enjoy experiencing the different flavors/styles that each cruiseline offers. I have always received more than my monies worth on each cruise that I have been on. Price is not the major factor when I book a cruise, if it is for you NCL is often hard to beat.

No corn hole on NCL:rolleyes:

I have been on both and I do love the whole fresestyle, no formal night, choice of resturant thing. Not that Carnival is bad, I've always enjoyed crusing with them. Someone I know just came back from a Carnival cruise (Legend I think) and said the food got better and compared it to NCL.:) That is a matter of opinion though but thought I'd throw that out there. Is there a certain intinerary you wanted to do or just try a different ship?

No Corn hole and No Fun Ship Freddy (both of which I am ok without, fun ship freddy scares me and I am an adult!)

I have done two NCL cruises and one Carnival, one of the NCL cruises was to Canada so might not be a fair comparison but the other two cruises were to Bermuda (NCL) and caribbean (carnvial) so proably a fair comparison. The Carnival ship I was on was really nice, but it was also one of its newer ones at the time (the valor) where as the Dream (NCL) was in excellent shape but not shiny new.

I liked the staff alot more on NCL and in general I like the crowd better. My feeling from the one Carnvial cruise I went on, was spring break on a boat. Don't get me wrong, I love beer, I am current price watching to go to Brussels because I want to drink from the source of my favorites again, but the amount of booze hounds, I am sure the two days at sea in a row on the carnival cruise proably amplified it.

I will say I did like the seated dinning on the carnival cruise, we had a great waiter and I looked forward to dinner everynight. But I could see that if you do not get assigned great wait staff that could make or break a cruise. I am sort of indifferent to the dining portion of a cruise in general, I am one of those weird people that lose weight on a cruise so food really isnt a priority to me. But I do like the opportunity to try new and weird things, which seems to be easiest on a cruise (in general) because of the ample amount of food, and if something doesnt taste good they just bring you something else.

That being said the meals I had a La Bistro were the best meals I had on any cruise. (That is the only high end resturant on the Dream, I know the other ships have alot more choices).

For me NCL works, having a home port in boston certainly helps because I can cruise last minute and not worry about a flight as well, but I think if Carnival put a ship here I would proably still stick with NCL.

NCL DREAM???? Did I read this correct. I have been on the Dawn, the Dream is the brand new ship from Carnival and the Valor is not too new.

I am confused with zamboni_girl's post.

Dorene

The Dream is (was?) an NCL ship. It was the Dreamward when I sailed her back in the 90's and the it was cut and renovated and became just the Dream. It is no longer in service.

Yes, Funship Feddy is a bit creepy Zamboni_Girl! LOL!

The Dream is (was?) an NCL ship. It was the Dreamward when I sailed her back in the 90's and the it was cut and renovated and became just the Dream. It is no longer in service.

Yes, Funship Feddy is a bit creepy Zamboni_Girl! LOL!

Cruise last minute out of Boston and the last cruise was the Dream from the 90's and this is what is compared to Carnival?.........wow.....

Archived