Drink prices on IOS

Hi, We are travelling on IOS on 2 Sept with another couple to celebrate my husbands 50th. We sailed on IOS last year and apparently prices were much higher this year but a recent poster said that because of complaints they have been forced to reduce the prices from June 25. If anyone knows the current prices or how I can get them I would be really grateful- as this is a big celebration I think our bar bill will be hefty and every little helps!! Thanks for your help-Debbie

Just keep an eye open.

There have been two messages on this forum

1. They have reduced prices for ex-Southampton cruises because of complaints

2. they have increased prices to include what was a separate 15% service charge. (Brits did not like paying an additionakl 15%)

I have no idea what the net effect of all this is but apparently the bills include a line for an "additional gratuity" so you need to check on the bar list or ask the barman whether the gratuity is included and then strike off the "additional gratuity" line.

I have asked this question before but not sure whether I got a clear answer. Maybe if the bill shows the word "additional" before gratuity we can take our cue from that!

The 15% is automatically added and you don't see anything about it.

The total price paid is now less than the previous total price paid.

Prices can be found on other threads by searching. $6.50 seems to be a common price for drinks though from what I remember.

Archived