Anyone ever use Coral Breeze Tours?

PintSizedMommy

I'd like to do a Belize Zoo and City tour next month, while we're docked in Belize. DH and I will be cruising with our almost 2 year old son. The Carnival excursions have a minimum age requirement of 3 years old, so we can't book through them. I've found a tour through Coral Breeze, but have never heard of them. If anyone has any experiences they'd like to share, or any tour company recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I haven't, but my roommate who traveled with me last cruise used them for a snorkel trip to Shark Ray Alley. He was thrilled with the experience. I wouldn't hesitate to use them, and have recommended them to family members.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I contacted Coral Breeze and Mark responded very quickly. I'm interested in the Zoo and Monkey Bay tour, which he assured me is extremely toddler friendly. It does, however, require a minimum of six people, so we'll have to wait and see if anyone else show interest in the tour.

We just came back and used Coral Breeze for our cave tubing trip. They were AMAZING!!!!! Ivar and Jose are the local operators and they were so knowledgeable and fun. I would not hesitate to recommend them anytime. You will not be disappointed.

We've used them for the past 5 cruises. Our guides have always been Ivar or Henni. Couldnt meet a nicer group of people.

HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!!!

Here's a link to a review i wrote after our first time with them. Wow, this was a long time ago. Still remember it like it was yesterday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=423288&highlight=

Just got back from Belize on Carnival. Booked a diving excursion with Coral Breeze. I will say that dealing with Coral Breeze was very professional and very organized. However they put us with a Operator called Hammerhead Water Sports and they were just Terrible, unsafe and disorganized. Below is a copy of the letter that I sent to Mark. Mark did respond and offered to refund our groups deposits. Would I use Coral breeze again? maybe. Would I use Hammerhead watersports again? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! In the letter I didn't even mention that several of their tanks weren't full or that they didn't have enough equipment and had to pull the boat up to a competitor to borrow a BCD and fins. letter below....

Tour: Barrier Reef Two-Tank Scuba Diving

Tour Date: July 14, 2009 (8:00 a.m.)

Carnival Glory

Dear Coral Breeze Tours,

This was the worst run excursion I have ever booked! My dealings with Coral Breeze were fine but Hammerhead is a JOKE!!!! They are dangerous and disorganized! My wife almost broke her finger getting back into that rickety boat with the movable dive ladder. luckily it was only tissue damage that will heal but it was swollen for days after. Also the dive group never asked for our dive cards! it didn't matter to them if we were certified or not. It was only my wife and I's 3rd dive ever and we (as new divers are not supposed to go below ft. and our guide took us to 80 ft. and sent us up to the surface on our own!!!!! to top it all off some of the people in our group didn't even get to do the excursion that they paid for! There was no one to take them on the manatee watch so they were left out and just spent time on the beach. Moreover the guy running the show at hammerhead was an english guy with a bad attitude. we were trying to discern who was taking us diving and who was taking them on the manatee thing and his words were "the more time we spend talking about it the less time you have to go diving" in a very condecending manner. The Manatee people should get a refund and if you care what people say about you, will never use hammerhead again. everyone in our group are cruise Critic members and you better belive that we will be letting people know about our experience.

Just got back from Belize on Carnival. Booked a diving excursion with Coral Breeze. I will say that dealing with Coral Breeze was very professional and very organized. However they put us with a Operator called Hammerhead Water Sports and they were just Terrible, unsafe and disorganized. Below is a copy of the letter that I sent to Mark. Mark did respond and offered to refund our groups deposits. Would I use Coral breeze again? maybe. Would I use Hammerhead watersports again? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! In the letter I didn't even mention that several of their tanks weren't full or that they didn't have enough equipment and had to pull the boat up to a competitor to borrow a BCD and fins. letter below....

Tour: Barrier Reef Two-Tank Scuba Diving

Tour Date: July 14, 2009 (8:00 a.m.)

Carnival Glory

Dear Coral Breeze Tours,

This was the worst run excursion I have ever booked! My dealings with Coral Breeze were fine but Hammerhead is a JOKE!!!! They are dangerous and disorganized! My wife almost broke her finger getting back into that rickety boat with the movable dive ladder. luckily it was only tissue damage that will heal but it was swollen for days after. Also the dive group never asked for our dive cards! it didn't matter to them if we were certified or not. It was only my wife and I's 3rd dive ever and we (as new divers are not supposed to go below ft. and our guide took us to 80 ft. and sent us up to the surface on our own!!!!! to top it all off some of the people in our group didn't even get to do the excursion that they paid for! There was no one to take them on the manatee watch so they were left out and just spent time on the beach. Moreover the guy running the show at hammerhead was an english guy with a bad attitude. we were trying to discern who was taking us diving and who was taking them on the manatee thing and his words were "the more time we spend talking about it the less time you have to go diving" in a very condecending manner. The Manatee people should get a refund and if you care what people say about you, will never use hammerhead again. everyone in our group are cruise Critic members and you better belive that we will be letting people know about our experience.

Wow, that's terrible! So, the tour was not operated by Coral Breeze, it was a third party? I wonder if this is the case with all their tours. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I hope your wife is doing better now!

explorer...Sorry to hear about your trip. I would have been very upset too. That could have ended badly.

We did the "Captain your own boat" thru Coral Breeze and the operator was Hammerhead Watersports. I don't know if they are the same tour guides but we had a great time with our tour. If you read the Captain your own boat thread all the reviews are good. They must use differnt personel for the dive tour.

My family of 4 was with exp1orer and what he said is true about our dive excursion. I don't doubt that others have had good experiences with Coral Breeze Tours but I WOULD NOT recommend their two tank scuba dive. Book with the cruise line or don't dive in Belize at all. I was trying to avoid a "cattle boat" tour but would have preferred that to the experience we had.

Wow, that's terrible! So, the tour was not operated by Coral Breeze, it was a third party? I wonder if this is the case with all their tours. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I hope your wife is doing better now!

Thanks, The ships Dr. Splinted it for her when we got back to the ship.She was able to put her rings back on by the time we got home.

Archived