New to Constellation

delphina1

Hi all. I will be sailing on Constellation for the first time this Oct. I have not been on Celebrity since '97 on the Zenith. I have sailed RCCL on the Explorer of the Seas. Anyone know how the food compares to the EOS? Does the Constellation have a buffet such as the Windjammer Cafe on EOS? Also anything like Cafe Promenade where you can get a snack without a fee? Thanks in advance!:)

Hi Delphina,

When in October are you cruising? I'm on the 10/16 Constellation cruise.

The Constellation has the Seaside Grill Buffet for breakfast and lunch. They also have afternoon tea (snacks) up there at 4:00 PM. At 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM they have sushi and stir fry.

There is no formal dinner buffet but they have casual dining up there. You need to make a reservation though.

Anne Maria

Hi AnnMarie,

Thanks for your info. We will be on the Oct 30th repositioning cruise.

Delphina

They also have the spa cafe for breakfast and lunch. It is really good fresh food alternative to the buffet. We were on the Summit which is the sister ship and did not go to the buffet once. They also have room service and if you are in a suite you get afternoon tea with sandwichs, cakes and cookies. We asked our butler to bring us a cheese plate every afternoon. We enjoyed this with some wine and some friends.

Enjoy

Claudette

Hi AnnMarie,

Delphina

Hi Delphina,

I am on the Oct 30th repo cruise. Please join our roll call and sign up for the connections party. It seems to be a fun group. Celebrity has confirmed our party, as we have enough people who have joine.

Welcome!

Marilyn

Anne Maria - My very good friends who are like my parents are on board 10/16 Canada/New England. Enjoy your trip.

Hi Pat, thanks I'm sure we will enjoy it. Our your friends on Cruise Critic? Do they know about the Connections Party and how to sign up?

Anne Maria

Hi AnnMarie,

Delphina

Hi Delphina1,

We are sailing on Constellation on Oct 30 as well. It will be our first cruise with Celebrity. Thanks for posting the question - I'm excited to hear anything and everything about Constellation. See you there. Did you join the roll call?

We did the 11 night repo cruise this past October on Constellation. Loved, loved, loved the ship! It was our second time on Connie, and it didn't disappoint.

We love Aqua Spa Cafe for a light breakfast/lunch. If didn't opt for the MDR for dinner, we made a reservation in the buffet area for dinner. At night it's turned into a sit down casual dining venue. They suggest a $2/pp tip, and it's well worth it. The menu us somewhat limited, but there is a full course dinner (not buffet) and sommolier service as well.

I would go back on Connie (especially the repo cruises, they are great!), in a heartbeat.

We have sailed Constellation three time, and she is probably our favourite...even though she is identical to Millennium and Summit both of which we have been on. You will love the personnel on board (on any of the ships) and the level of service I am sure.

Did the Connie repo last Oct. seems ages ago now. We will cruise her again in Sept for the TA, our first visit to Europe. We love the Aqua Spa menu. We renewed our vows aboard & the crew involved made the event very special. You will have a wonderful time!

Hi AnnMarie,

Delphina

Hi Delphina,

We are also on the Oct. 30 repositioning cruise. Our last cruise on Celebrity was on the Horizon when it sailed from NY. We are really looking forward to this cruise.

Archived