Renting a Car

mattyboy

Trying to decide as to weather or not to rent a car in Cayman. We will be in port from 9am to 5:30 and thinking we can do the touristy things at our own pace and spend less.

Does anyone have experience with renting and driving in GC and was it worth it both in time and energy.

I haven't rented a car in GC but on our cruise in Feb we have reserved one. We plan to drive around the island to see it at our own pace. We rented thru Budget and it was pretty cheap (41/day) so we couldn't beat that price to see everything we can at our own pace.

hkolln.... Do you have any information like a web page or email address for the Budget Rental Car agency?:confused: We are having trouble getting a confirmed reservation for a rental car for 1/26/05. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Merry CHRISTmas!:p

Just to to the Budget Rental car website:

http://www.budget.com

and just ask for a quote for Grand Cayman

They don't have a pickup location at the dock so I emailed them and was told we could call them from any phone at the dock and they will pick us up and take us to their pickup site free of charge.

Their email is: budget@candw.ky

We have rented a car several times in GC and will be again next week. I dont think there is a better way of seeing this island. Just becarful not to leave anything unattended in your car. I left my shoes in a jeep while we went swimming and when we came back they where gone.

Avis wouldn't give me a reservation for 1-26-05. They told me I would have to check the availability when I arrived. I didn't want to take the chance so I called Budget International reservations and I reserved a car for $40.50. They said that they would pick me up from the dock and take me to the rental agency. I hope it works out.

Archived