Need excurisons ideas for Grand Cayman

gam888

Going on Legend in August with husband and 3 teenagers. Need excursions ideas for Belize. Thinking about going with the ship excursion to Altun Ha included with a city tour. (heard the city is depressing). Wonder if it's too hot in August to walk around in Altun Ha. How much shade is there? Failing that, might consider a snorkeling tour. We have one non swimmer in the family. Which snorkeling tour is the most interesting? We are not keen on cave tubing or zip line. Cozemul we did snorkeling and island tour last year so don't want to spend a lot of money on excurison. How much is a taxi ride for 5 people return from the port to Paradise Beach. Is it nice?Food is not manditory to purchase? Grand Cayman want to go to Stingary Sandbar, which private company would you recommend? Roatan, probably book with Victor Bodden, what activities should I ask to include for the tour? Thanks.

We have made port at Grand Cayman maybe 4 times. It is a very dull port. There is a bit of touristy shopping and many banks. I have taken the offered excurions to the turtle farm and Hell and so forth. Boring. Go to the beach.

Colony Beach Resort in Grand Cayman is nice!

Paradise Beach - you do not have to buy food. They "ask" that you spend 10.00 per person with them - they don't care how you spend it.

We used Moby Dick Tours on July 9th and they were as good as all of the positive reviews we'd read. The tour didn't leave until 930 local (1030 ships time) so we didn't have to rush off the ship to get there - but we didn't have much time to shop or look around when we got back to town. Their bus is not air conditioned, but it was very comfortable with the windows down. The boat has plenty of shade and sunny spots. Since the sand bar was crowded when we showed up we went snorkeling first by a small coral reef about 200 yards from the stingray sand bar. There's a resident moray eel that the guides coax out. We went to the stingray sand bar next and it was great. The stingrays are so gracefull and tame. My kids freeked out due to the size of some of the rays (up to 6 feet across), so they went back on the boat, but my wife and i really enjoyed it. I highly recommend Moby Dick's.

Going on Legend in August with husband and 3 teenagers. Need excursions ideas for Belize. Thinking about going with the ship excursion to Altun Ha included with a city tour. (heard the city is depressing). Wonder if it's too hot in August to walk around in Altun Ha. How much shade is there? Failing that, might consider a snorkeling tour. We have one non swimmer in the family. Which snorkeling tour is the most interesting? We are not keen on cave tubing or zip line. Cozemul we did snorkeling and island tour last year so don't want to spend a lot of money on excurison. How much is a taxi ride for 5 people return from the port to Paradise Beach. Is it nice?Food is not manditory to purchase? Grand Cayman want to go to Stingary Sandbar, which private company would you recommend? Roatan, probably book with Victor Bodden, what activities should I ask to include for the tour? Thanks.

Try ShoreTrips.com we have used them for years on cruises and land with no problems.

I did the swim with the stingrays and loved every minute of it. I fed the stingrays octopus and kissed one too. I had a great time. There were hundreds of them all around us because they know where to come for a free meal.

Archived