going around port by ourselves

novice cruisers

Going to la coruna/bilbou/brest/ st peters port.On ventura june 2010 N014,has anyone visited these places would be grateful for any info Thanks,:o val

I've left for St. Peter Port four times. Once by ferry (arrived), twice by plane (arrived - but one of those was touch and go) and once by Atlantic Ferry (sat outside at anchor and watched).

A significant number of calls there are cancelled due to rough weather - the seas between St. Peter Port and Herm are not kind - and that is where the ships anchor.

If you get ashore then there is a lot to see. http://www.visitguernsey.com/

I would certainly recommend Castle Cornet (although if you are arriving on Ventura the view will be spoilt) and a gentle wander around the town.

Hi there,

Did Bilbao and Brest earlier this year on Oceana.

The Guggenheim is the obvious place to visit in Bilbao and we did a trip which also included some other sightseeing and time in the city centre.

Also did a trip in Brest (Picturesque Finnisterre) which was OK but will probably just take shuttle bus into town next time.

Pete.

i did all these ports on Oceana E908, best bet in La coruna is to go into town or santiago de compostela, bilbao has to be the Guggenheim, Le verdon for Bordeaux, Brest for Quimper, and St Peter Port is good for just wondering about in!, be warned, i have been badly traumatised by a very rough tender ride at SPP...

We docked, not tendered, at La Coruna last autumn on Ventura, and did a guided walk - 'History of La Coruna'. Pretty good, actually - lots about Sir John Moore. Also quite a bit about the ancient history of the area - our guide put Galicia very much in the celtic fringe area, making it similar in culture and (to some degree) language with places like Brittany, Cornwall, west Wales, Ireland, and western Scotland. It was a good excursion. However, there was quite a bit of walking - we were on our feet for a good three hours.

Here's a link to a blog entry I made that day, and here's another link to a list of all the blog entries for that cruise.

Going to la coruna/bilbou/brest/ st peters port.On ventura june 2010 N014,has anyone visited these places would be grateful for any info Thanks,:o val

Hi Val

We have booked this cruise too. It will be our first time at all these ports. We thought it sounded like a nice different itinerary. Really looking forward to it.

Gail

Hi gail so glad someone else has booked this cruise thought we were going to be alone lol,, This will be our first cruise so am very excited but nervous to.Our doctor is from corruna so he has been showing me some sights to see .We are in cabin C702 , val/steve

Archived