Help! Does RCCL take "HANGING DRESS BAGS" at Tampa Port for Splendor

Seamo

Hi !! 48 hours!! Please help if you can. We have (goreous) ball gowns and (new) Tuxs in -- hanging garment bags.!! ** Will (does) RCCL take hanging bags as non-carry-on, checked baggage ??? We used the bags with Carnival. But in one instance -- I had to carry them on --because there were NO dollies around to "hang" them on. Later, on both ships, I noticed that --some-- places along the pickup/drop-off area had rolling dollies (like those in hotels) with a big space for Hanging carment bags. HELP HELP HELP. THANKS Thanks Thanks

we are going to ...... Seamo

Carry them on - the baggage handlers (who do a great job otherwise) aren't valets and don't put a lot of thought into what might be in the luggage and the potential effects of their handling on those contents. Also, consider having the ship's laundry press your gowns. I just put my evening dresses into my regular suitcase (usually still in the dry cleaning bag from after the last cruise), and as soon as I meet my room steward I hand them over for pressing. They come back looking beautiful and I don't have to worry about keeping them wrinkle free in transit.

Enjoy your cruise -especially the dress up parts!

Thanks for the speedy replies. I hate to think of lugging them

(the bags) again. But, we really like the "dress up" part of a cruise and (beleive me) .... these bags are heavy, heavy, heavy. But if that is what it takes then extra drinks for me after arrival at our cabin.!!

At Ft. Lauderdale, we noticed the "bus" tour companies had "hotel style" dolly lined. Of course, this was AFTER we lugged these monsters (beatutiful and oh, so necessary!!) thru check in.

Hey, you guys want to say anything about your experience on Splendor??

Thanks for all the fast replies .... in 47 hours , we get to ..Seamo

Great cruise, we had a js 8570. The food was good except for the coffee.We had key west not Gc. Belize, we went outside the tourist trap area, rented a van (four 4) for 40$ and toured the whole city. Ate at the wet lizzard, stick to american food. My wife cooks and eats mexican all the time and the mexican here was very bland.Beer was cold. Costa Maya we went to the little town,walked to the other end and rented a boat and driver for 80$ for 4 and did a shore tour taking pictures and siteseeing. The mexican food here was no better, very bland, even the salsa. We ate at Tapas (service was good,drinks ok) You can eat at a mexican resturant back home cheaper than here. In Coz we shopped, ate at Ponchos backyark(downtown) here the mexican food was good to excellent, drinks excellent. We also played the minigolf course which was a lot of fun and one of the nicest courses we have been on includind the states.We were off the ship by 9 am. very easy, best we have had with 5 Rccl cruises.

We ar pretty picky about food ... the DW ... well she is just the best!!!!

Makes it hard to compare when we go out .. cause ... well ... just nothing compares to her presentation and taste. She agrees, even tho she LOVES the going out part. That is why we like the cruises so much . Usually the food on-board is better than ordinary and the presentation is always nice.

Is there a 2nd (extra charge restaurantt ) on Splendor.??

Our cruise does GC , Montago Bay Belize, Cozumel and Key West. !0 days - 9 nites. We got Nothing up for GR. Cay, "canopy" for Jamaica , Cave tube for Belize, Ruins and beach 9inland) for Coz and in Key West... what can I say, we lived there 25 years so ...who knows. .. maybe the Conch train....tee hheee!!!

Still hoping someone will say " Oh Yes, These very polite and respectful ports come right up and put your cloth bags on a darling little cart ... assurring you that they personally will see that they get the best treatment." --Please!!!

Yet, somehow , I feel I'm going to get those "extra" drinks after lugging the monsters thru check-in ....which is now just 45 hours away .. and then we are off to Seamo!!!!

Dw is from southern california so she knows good mexican food. She thinks the places we ate were bland because they toned the food down. She likes it spicy and hot. Kw does not seem as laid back to us as it used to be, more touristy now, though it is still a good port. Also there is a great light house on the southern end of Coz. and once you climb it you can see a lot of the island and get the best pictures.(punta celerian)

Archived