Have your kids done NCL kids crew AFTER Carnival?

Smkymtncpl

We are sailing on NCL Pearl in April 2010. Our son who will be 10 then, is already becoming cruise-savvy. His first cruise (he was 8) was NCL Dawn - he LOVED it. His 2nd cruise (at 9) , Carnival, we really loved it - but we were very disappointed. We were terribly disappointed in the food and lack of variety with food! We kept wishing that we were back on Dawn or Star!! Now, after experiencing the Camp Carnival program (which included Family water wars), and the ship also had water slide -- HUGE PLUS -- he's not quite as anxious to go back to NCL.

Have any of you had kids that have experienced both Carnival AND NCL's kids programs? Particularly going back to NCL AFTER having been on Carnival. We have to admit, Carnival's kids program was awesome.

One plus is that the Pearl does have a bowling alley -- our son actually bowls in a bowling league, so that's a big plus for NCL.

Thanks, appreciate any comments!

I know what you mean about the Carnival Kids program. My kids really liked it as well.

We did have a great cruise on the Carnival Miracle last year after being on NCL 6 times. This year we are back on the Spirit and the kids are looking forward to being on the ship again. I have already heard comments from my kids that the Camp Carnival is better that Kids Crew. We have 3 days in Bermuda so the Kids Crew will be limited this time around.

The Pearl does have a water slide so this may help you.

Archived