oceanview rooms deck 2 constellation

halavah

I love those cabins because I LOVE being that close to the ocean and catching a glimpse of the dolphins and watching the sea splash onto the window at night. There is no downside to engine noise that I have experienced (front of the bow) but the first night out one cruise was REALLY choppy waters and as the ship plowed through the waves, there was a pounding of the surf sound all night long. It only happened once and only the first night of the cruise. It was bad - it sounded like furniture being picked up and dropped - over and over. Mid ship would be better.

On the plus side, when you come back from shore excursions - you're home! No fighting for elevator space.

They may have fixed the problem by now, but I had two different outside cabins on the Constellation in May of 2008. The A/C barely worked, (not just my cabin but many near us), and there was a bad odor in the hallway near one set of cabins.

Those odors can happen on any ship of any age on any deck- usually due to one thoughtless passenger flushing something they shouldn't and clogging up the whole works in a block of cabins.

Some people think a toilet is a garbage can.

Can I assume by "Deck 2" you mean the Plaza Deck? Also, as we're booked for a midship Plaza Deck cabin on Constellation in October, it would be helpful if you all would identify which cabin numbers you've referred to and been in, or at least more specific info about location.

Thanks.

-Ron

Can I assume by "Deck 2" you mean the Plaza Deck? Also, as we're booked for a midship Plaza Deck cabin on Constellation in October, it would be helpful if you all would identify which cabin numbers you've referred to and been in, or at least more specific info about location.

Thanks.

-Ron

Plaza Deck on Constellation is Deck 3.

I was on Independence of the seas and we were on close to the bow but nearer to midship on Deck 2- smooth sailing and other people were complaining how much rocking was occuring in their cabins. As for ship noise- nada.

Now my worse sailing experiences have been on Carnival (bow), Cunard Deck 4 aft and Celebrity Galaxy aft- VIBRATION! Didn't ruin my trip but would never do aft or bow again.

Archived