High Hopes High Ropes Excursion

loves2sail

Do a forum search on High Hopes, you'll find a number of old thrads related to your question.

With that said we debated the ropes thing a lot, a guy at work gave me personal feedback, and he said it was harder than he thought but was a lot of fun, it was a lot like a TV Survivor challenge rather than a zip line ride, you handle and hang on to ropes, walk across logs that swing free, etc. We ended up taking a river tubing & Emerald pool excursion since ropes & zip lines are somewhat generic, and the river tubing & Emerald pool was unique to Dominica's geography.

Someone posted a bunch of photo's of rope burns, and raspberries that they got on the ropes course when they slipped and the safety lines caught them. Just keep in mind that you might get roughed up a little things don't go just right, but that's the appeal of an Adventure excursion, right?

• 1 year later...

My wife and I LOVED this excursion. Dominica is an absolute hole, a stunningly beautiful island but everything man has touched is incredibly bad. It dawned on my wife that we were actually in a third world country! I knew this going in and decided we had to do an excursion here. (No need in most other places).

The ride there was a bit long but well worth the time. We were not as high up as we imagined and the zip lines are never all that long, the gloves they gave you made your hands smell a bit funky and they were stained black until we were able to get back to the boat (I recommend you wash them with dirt/sand to scour them) but it was fun and enjoyable and yeah, it sounds like I'm complaining but I would do it again and have recommended it to others as well. We got back to dinner later that night and table-mates envied our adventure, their rafting and such just didn't compare!

Archived