BA room for two adults and two kids?

tikkas

Some can. Check the BAs and BBs with the + on the deck plan. Everyone gets their own bed. Two lower beds that can be made up as a queen, one single sofa bed, and a Pullman bunk. Far better then stuffing 4 in an inside or standard outside.

I am sure that it is doable. The upper berth may be an issue for the toddler.

We will be in a BA on the Pearl to Alaska next year. My kids are older, 15 and 12 when we sail. We like the set up of the upper berth and the fold out couch. We have been in insides, oceanviews, and suites with them. I know it will be tight but we are willing to take the chance given that we have booked the Aft BA and the balcony is larger.

Probably best if one of the adults sleeps at night in the pullman. Two reasons, 1) safety of course and 2) convenience if the little one needs to get up in the middle of the night possibly can find his/her way to the bathroom alone.

When the toddlers are at kids camp then the adults can relax in the double bed. :)

Do you think the BA staterooms on the Norwegian Gem can accomodate two adults and two toddlers?

Myself & my GF were in a BA this past week and it's tight. We were constantly bumping into each other (which you could argue is a benefit, not a negative).

The real downside is storage space: there are only 3 small dresser drawers. There is a closet about 4 feet wide and 5 shelves, about a foot wide by 2 feet deep.

There are several small shelves by the TV. Not a lot of space to put stuff for 4 people for a week.

Four people in that room are going to get very close for a few days.....

One other consideration for me would be the duration and location of the cruise. I've sailed a few times in balcony cabins on Jewel class ships. Even as part of a couple they can feel quite cramped on long cruises (say 12 night Baltics) where you've not only got a long cruise and several sea days but also extra clothes that need to be stored, fleeces, coats etc. However for a few days, its much more doable.

Archived