luau

lexie33

I have heard that's its good however they will sell 1500 to 2000 tickets for the night so If you like cattle herding enjoy!

Gawd....they are not going to clip a plastic tag onto my ear, are they?

We've signed up for that Luau!

On Maui, in addition to the Old Lahaina Luau, the Hyatt Regency Ka'anapali does a very good Luau. It does have fire dancing. It also holds a max of 500. There's also a luau at the Marriot in Wailea, about which I've heard very good reports.

The two best luaus on Oahu are at the Polynesian Culture Center or Paradise Cove. I haven't been to the Paradise Cove one but some say it's the best show. PCC is an all day event - they have little cultural shows throughout the day (first show is around noon) and fun activities at each "island" and then at night is the dinner and the show. I have gone 3 times myself in this past year alone and I have fun every time. From what I understand Paradise Cove starts later and only has like 3 or so activities/games to offer (if this is wrong, someone correct me!)

We've signed up for that Luau!

No they will clip 2 one for each ear. The second one is so that you can return to the ship.

Just to clarify the PCC has 2 different shows thatyou can pay to attend, one is their Horizon show and the othe is their Luau.

We were there in 2008 and did the super ambassador pkg. it was well worth the money, the food was excellent and the Horizon show was reallly good.

• 2 weeks later...
Curious on the luaus in Maui...

Can someone tell me the ones, by distance, that are closest to the port?

MANY thanks!

Aloha,

If you are docking in Kahului, the Wailea Marriott would be the closest and easiest drive. If you are docking in Lahaina, The Old Lahaina Luau is in town, and the Hyatt is just north of town (10 minutes) in Ka'anapali.

You know what i am not even sure i want to go to a luau now. I have been reading posts on here trying to gather info on the best one to go to. I am also reading reveiws on trip advisior. There are a few good ones but alot of bad ones for alot of the different places.

I am travelling with my friend and her son. She was planning this trip to hawaii and when she heard i was interested she invited me to come along. One of the first things she said was that she wanted to do a Luau, she had seen them on tv and looked great. she has only just got internet access so so far i have been doing all the research.

Its not like a DID NOT want to go to a Luau before i was sorta like yeah ok i guess if you want to go ill go, but now i am thinking otherwise.

People have complained about it not being authentic and the food being bad , drinks take forever to get and are either bad or you have to pay extra for. Better spending money else where was mentioned alot.(From trip advisior about PCC Germaines and Paradise cove) There were a few good ones but they were few and far between.

There is also the one on Kauai that i thought about doing through POA but reviews have been ho hum.

My friend has said that even though they asked meto come along on there trip its stillmy holiday to and if there is something i want to do or NOT want to do i can. I am honestly considering showing ehr sites where she can read reviews if she still decides she wants to go then i might not go. Not sure what ill do for the night as i am not the sort to go out on my own. I think i'd rather spend the money ordering room service and emailing people from home.

:confused::confused::confused:

I'm really stuggling finding a luau!

We'll be overnight in Kahului on Sunday (8/30) and Nawiliwili on Thursday (9/3). Anyone know what luau's are operating on these days and how far they might be to the pier?

Sorry for the 20-questions but it doesn't look like the Marriott is running on Sunday. :(

Good morning!

You might check the Hyatt Drums of the Pacific and the Old Lahaina Luau. They are both on the West side (Ka'anapali and Lahaina), which would require a 45 minute or so drive. The Old Lahaina is more traditional-no fire dance--the Hyatt is more Polynesian, with fire dancing.

Has anyone been to Germaines Luau on Oahu? If so....what did you think?

Thanks!

We went to Germaines and had a great time. You have to drive through an industrial area to get there; once we had arrived and were seated I had to have my husband switch seats with me so that I wasn't looking at the smoke stacks in the background! ;) That being said, they were very gracious hosts, put on a great show, and the food was very good.

The grounds/dining area

225323447_3D9ZT-M.jpg

The opening ceremony

225323931_VQtJD-M.jpg

Sunset from Germaine's

225323713_ATtgg-M.jpg

The show!

225324899_7giqk-M.jpg

Archived