Equinox - 10-day Med cruise June 2010

Loulounic

Planning a 10-day Eastern Med cruise on the Equinox, leaving June 4, 2010. Can anyone who sailed on the Solstice this year (the 10-day med itinerary) tell me if Port or Starboard is best, as we would like to see Santorini and Mykonos from our balcony on arrival. Also, is the weather too hot at the beginning of June, as there is another departure on May 14. Also noticed from cruise reviews that there were a lot of children onboard in June, but assume this applied to the end of the month when school is over. Any comments would be appreciated. :p

Planning a 10-day Eastern Med cruise on the Equinox, leaving June 4, 2010. Can anyone who sailed on the Solstice this year (the 10-day med itinerary) tell me if Port or Starboard is best, as we would like to see Santorini and Mykonos from our balcony on arrival. Also, is the weather too hot at the beginning of June, as there is another departure on May 14. Also noticed from cruise reviews that there were a lot of children onboard in June, but assume this applied to the end of the month when school is over. Any comments would be appreciated. :p

Hi Loulounic,

We just booked this same cruise last weekend. It will be our first on Celebrity so I can't help with your cabin location info. We went with an aft cabin since we've never sailed in any other! From the research we've done, the weather should still be ok the beginning of June, although if we could do earlier we would just to be safe. We will be bringing our (well behaved) children but are hoping that most schools are still in session in early June. If you do book, join the roll call- there aren't too many yet.

Nicole

We sailed on the Soltice in May. The weather was wonderful, yet a mixture of warmth and somewhat windy in Mykonos. I would certainly go in May vs June.

Happy planning,

Pinkie

We sailed on the Soltice in May. The weather was wonderful, yet a mixture of warmth and somewhat windy in Mykonos. I would certainly go in May vs June.

Happy planning,

Pinkie

Thanks for the info as to the weather. Were you on the 10 or 11-day cruise ? Should I book Port or Starboard side in order to see Santorini and Mykonos on arrival ?

Hi Loulounic,

We just booked this same cruise last weekend. It will be our first on Celebrity so I can't help with your cabin location info. We went with an aft cabin since we've never sailed in any other! From the research we've done, the weather should still be ok the beginning of June, although if we could do earlier we would just to be safe. We will be bringing our (well behaved) children but are hoping that most schools are still in session in early June. If you do book, join the roll call- there aren't too many yet.

Nicole

Still debating between May or June. Will certainly join roll call when date is determined. Happy cruising with your family !

Thanks for the info as to the weather. Were you on the 10 or 11-day cruise ? Should I book Port or Starboard side in order to see Santorini and Mykonos on arrival ?

We were on the Starboard side which afforded us a wonderful views of several port arrivals. Normally, we are on the port side, but for this particular sailing, it did not matter. We were also on the 10 day. I would also consider this as a port-intensive itinerary - so be sure to consider "great walking shoes" into your planning.:D

We were on the Starboard side which afforded us a wonderful views of several port arrivals. Normally, we are on the port side, but for this particular sailing, it did not matter. We were also on the 10 day. I would also consider this as a port-intensive itinerary - so be sure to consider "great walking shoes" into your planning.:D

Thanks - we'll make sure to book on the Starboard side and bring great walking shoes!

Archived