please help

i am a loyal rccl cruiser, but am looking at a norwegian jewel cruise (14days) from n.y.c. to miami. i am somewhat apprehensive about this and wonder of any other "loyal Royals" have cruised the jewel and share their thoughts.

thanks so much

lisa

I'd like to respond to your notation about being a "loyal rccl cruiser". We are loyal to rccl too, having only cruised on their ships. However, in today's economy, I feel like there is no disloyalty in getting the best cruise for you for the best money. RCCL has shown that it has no loyalty to its past cruisers by constantly cutting benefits, constant higher prices,etc. We too are tired of the same old caribbean ports, inconvinience and high airfare to fly out of San Juan to see other less tired ports and we're looking for a different agenda. Life is made up of varieties and that's why we have choices! Take the plunge to another cruise line to get what you want and can afford. After all, a cruise is a

cruise, you can make it what you want it to be! Happy cruising -:)

We have sailed on The Jewel- though it was several years ago; however, both my husband and I liked it very much. We like the anytime dining and the variety of alternate restaurants. They have a electronic board that will show you the up to the minute wait time for all the restaurants so we just went to the one that had the least wait.

They had a yummy chocolate buffet in the main dining room one afternoon.

If they had a cruise with ports we wanted, we would sail them again in a heartbeat.

i am a loyal rccl cruiser, but am looking at a norwegian jewel cruise (14days) from n.y.c. to miami. i am somewhat apprehensive about this and wonder of any other "loyal Royals" have cruised the jewel and share their thoughts.

thanks so much

lisa

The NCL Jewel is a really nice ship..our last trip was on her. But 14 days from NYC to Miami?? Must be heavily port-intensive! I thnk you'll have a great time on her. She's relatively new, clean, bright, laid-back, and altogether a nice experience.

thanks for your answers. yes the itinerary is really great, dominican republic, tortola, st,kitts, barbados, curacao, aruba, roatan and belize. i'm a little concerned about freestyle as i am traveling alone and many times the people i meet in the concierge club or at my dinner table on rccl become companions. i'm not sure this will happen with freestyle dining.

thanks again, lisa

Archived