First time Trip Report - VALOR - 5th - 12th

Bontongrl

Oh man...just awesome blog/log/review...so helpful....I'm still reading details...Thank you so much.

Wife and I (from Dallas) are going on the Valor in November for 20 year anniversary. We have been on many a cruise, but this will be the biggest ship we have been in. And last couple of cruises have been out of Texas (while nice, just not the same as Florida or California).

We will do the super club for our anniversary dinner (we will be on the cruise on our anniversary). What other recommendations do you have? I'm looking around for sneaking some liqueur on board. Like you, I'm sure we will have our fair share from the bar. And we love the after dinner drinks (we collect the little cups). But it would be nice to have something in our room at all time.

I can't thank you enough for your great review. I really appreciatedted the fact that it was well detailed, it was well supported by pics, but most of all the frequency of the new post.

This was absolutly phenominal work, and thanks for the sustained effort.

Thanks! :D

I can't thank you enough for your great review. I really appreciatedted the fact that it was well detailed, it was well supported by pics, but most of all the frequency of the new post.

Well, I read the review start to finish, part of preparation for our Valor cruise in 39 days... :D ... Thank you SO MUCH for taking so much of your own time to post such a detailed review for all of us. Like all the previous posters have already said, I enjoyed every word and every picture. Glad you had such a great time! :)

Islandcroozers,,,

Love your user name,,,, :D

Glad you enjoyed it,,,, and now YOUR clock is ticking,,,,,;)

Have a great time !!!

Oh man...just awesome blog/log/review...so helpful....I'm still reading details...Thank you so much.

Wife and I (from Dallas) are going on the Valor in November for 20 year anniversary. We have been on many a cruise, but this will be the biggest ship we have been in. And last couple of cruises have been out of Texas (while nice, just not the same as Florida or California).

We will do the super club for our anniversary dinner (we will be on the cruise on our anniversary). What other recommendations do you have? I'm looking around for sneaking some liqueur on board. Like you, I'm sure we will have our fair share from the bar. And we love the after dinner drinks (we collect the little cups). But it would be nice to have something in our room at all time.

Hey fellow Texan !!

No, going out of Texas isn't the same as Florida,, when you can look at Miami Beach and all that blue water as you sail away. :) It shows that you REALLY are on vacation now. Even though at some point I know we'll do one out of Galveston. But that brown water isn't quite the same, is it ? :D

I have so many details, or, let's say, thoughts that I didn't put down,,, this report would have been never ending. ;)

We never made it to the supper club, but I heard its very nice. We DID

see the desserts they serve, while doing the galley tour, and those alone look worth the money,,,,, so you should really enjoy it !

Here's a pic,, tempting ?

126_3378-1.jpg

Use the rum runners for the liquor, they worked like a dream, or get those little mini bottles, they pack up easily, they fit into the mini fridges easily and are perfect for a "before dinner" drink in the cabin :D

:confused: :o Sorry bout that

Trini_ras,

No problem,, :D

Did that submit button get stuck ? ;)

Thanks for all 4 of them,,,,,,,:)

Hey fellow Texan !!

No, going out of Texas isn't the same as Florida,, when you can look at Miami Beach and all that blue water as you sail away. :) It shows that you REALLY are on vacation now. Even though at some point I know we'll do one out of Galveston. But that brown water isn't quite the same, is it ? :D

I have so many details, or, let's say, thoughts that I didn't put down,,, this report would have been never ending. ;)

We never made it to the supper club, but I heard its very nice. We DID

see the desserts they serve, while doing the galley tour, and those alone look worth the money,,,,, so you should really enjoy it !

Here's a pic,, tempting ?

126_3378-1.jpg

Use the rum runners for the liquor, they worked like a dream, or get those little mini bottles, they pack up easily, they fit into the mini fridges easily and are perfect for a "before dinner" drink in the cabin :D

We have sailed out of Florida, California, Canada and Texas. The thing that "bothers" me about Texas is they seem to slightly alter the food. Lots and lots of meat and potatoes! I mean I am a Texas born and raised, and like the meat like everyone else. But a cruise to me is about doing and eating things you don't normally do. And I love well prepared, fresh fish! And I gone through two orders of escargot before....and the waiter offered me a third...LOL

Yea, I'm going to order some rum runners. And I won't feel bad about it. We will spend the money on the cruise no doubt. But a budget is a budget. I'd rather spend the money on an excursion or even a piece of art (yes, we occasionally buy art on board. Not in hopes of making money later on, but to enjoy. we never buy the frame, insurance or appraisal. As such, some of the stuff is not to bad. Plus more free drinks!!!....lol. My home bar if full of prints we bought on cruises.)

Did the gym cost extra to use or did you use it? I imagine it did, but was wondering the cost. I think I can live with my guilt of eating/drinking so much if I got in a workout every day! LOL.....

And I know wife will like the Fish and Chips place. That is one of her all time favorite meals. Maybe I won't tell her about it and just take her there as a surprise....

Any other recommendations or "don't miss" items?

Oh was there a good "party" excursion? I like doing those combo short (3-4 hour) excursions where you snorkel a little, but they they crank up the music, start pouring drinks and have a party while slowly heading back to ship. I've even been on them where they have a giant grill and cook.

Seafood on board was somewhat dissapointing. Fish dishes were rather bland. shrimp also number 1 not Tiger shrimp, but small cocktail shrimp. Crab Cake good and escargo was good. Lobster wasn't lobster but it was OK.. they do have a sushi bar and fish and chips bar but they have special hours. As far as the Gym, it is very nice and free for use. There are many side programs you can pay for but to workout on the machines and weights it is free.

We have sailed out of Florida, California, Canada and Texas. The thing that "bothers" me about Texas is they seem to slightly alter the food. Lots and lots of meat and potatoes! I mean I am a Texas born and raised, and like the meat like everyone else. But a cruise to me is about doing and eating things you don't normally do. And I love well prepared, fresh fish! And I gone through two orders of escargot before....and the waiter offered me a third...LOL

Yea, I'm going to order some rum runners. And I won't feel bad about it. We will spend the money on the cruise no doubt. But a budget is a budget. I'd rather spend the money on an excursion or even a piece of art (yes, we occasionally buy art on board. Not in hopes of making money later on, but to enjoy. we never buy the frame, insurance or appraisal. As such, some of the stuff is not to bad. Plus more free drinks!!!....lol. My home bar if full of prints we bought on cruises.)

Did the gym cost extra to use or did you use it? I imagine it did, but was wondering the cost. I think I can live with my guilt of eating/drinking so much if I got in a workout every day! LOL.....

And I know wife will like the Fish and Chips place. That is one of her all time favorite meals. Maybe I won't tell her about it and just take her there as a surprise....

Any other recommendations or "don't miss" items?

Oh was there a good "party" excursion? I like doing those combo short (3-4 hour) excursions where you snorkel a little, but they they crank up the music, start pouring drinks and have a party while slowly heading back to ship. I've even been on them where they have a giant grill and cook.

Hi Sdallnct,

We never made it to the art auctions,,,, Just another one of the things we missed on the ship. But, that gives us something to do that we didn't do before, when we take the next cruise. :)

I also looked for a good "party" excursion ( ie, booze cruise ;)) but never found one.

The last cruise we did, many many moons ago, there was one of those excursions on a pirate ship, and it was a blast ! :D I had hoped to find an excursion like that on this one, but never did. :(

If you find one, I want to hear all about it, ok ? :D

Hi Sdallnct,

We never made it to the art auctions,,,, Just another one of the things we missed on the ship. But, that gives us something to do that we didn't do before, when we take the next cruise. :)

I also looked for a good "party" excursion ( ie, booze cruise ;)) but never found one.

The last cruise we did, many many moons ago, there was one of those excursions on a pirate ship, and it was a blast ! :D I had hoped to find an excursion like that on this one, but never did. :(

If you find one, I want to hear all about it, ok ? :D

The pirate ship excursion is called the Jolly Roger. They have them at a lot of ports, but I don't think there is one on this itinerary.

However, the Fiesta Party Boat excursion in Cozumel should fit your needs. It takes you snorkeling then it plies you with music, dance and alcohol on the way back. We took our 2 daughters on this excursion (they were young twenty somethings) and they had the best time they'll never remember. There were conga lines and body shots, etc. Sound like what you're looking for?

The pirate ship excursion is called the Jolly Roger. They have them at a lot of ports, but I don't think there is one on this itinerary.

However, the Fiesta Party Boat excursion in Cozumel should fit your needs. It takes you snorkeling then it plies you with music, dance and alcohol on the way back. We took our 2 daughters on this excursion (they were young twenty somethings) and they had the best time they'll never remember. There were conga lines and body shots, etc. Sound like what you're looking for?

Thank might work! Especially if there is still enough time to hit a bar in Cozumel.

I was looking last night. We will be on the ship our Anniversary, so I know I'm going to book the supper club. And I'll get the Champaign glasses that are etched with the ships logo, chocolate covered strawberry's, etc. The day of our anniversary will be in Belize, so I'm not to worried about even departing the ship. I see they have a couples message. I'm not really into that, but bet wife would like. But if I recall, they give discounts at the spa while in port. So I might not order that in advance and play that by eye. little pricey on line.

I couldn't find the Fiesta Party Boat, but I did find this,

Deluxe Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel from both land and sea aboard a 65-ft. ocean catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

Sail off the coast of the island and snorkel the area’s pristine waters.

Swim among fantastic and colorful fish.

After snorkeling, enjoy complimentary beer, margaritas or sodas.

Make your way to one of the island’s beautiful beaches.

Have access to beach volleyball, sea kayaks and beach floats, all included.

Return to the ship after your beach party.

Note: Minimum age is 8 years old. Remember to bring a towel and sunscreen.

It is 3.5 hours and it looks like there should be time for other stuff as well...

Thank you Deldiva,,,

I think that's exactly the one we did ! The name sounds familiar. ;)

The Fiesta Party Boat excursion sounds like a lot of fun too..

We'll have to find that one next time we are in Cozumel....:)

I couldn't find the Fiesta Party Boat, but I did find this,

Deluxe Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel from both land and sea aboard a 65-ft. ocean catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

Sail off the coast of the island and snorkel the area’s pristine waters.

Swim among fantastic and colorful fish.

After snorkeling, enjoy complimentary beer, margaritas or sodas.

Make your way to one of the island’s beautiful beaches.

Have access to beach volleyball, sea kayaks and beach floats, all included.

Return to the ship after your beach party.

Note: Minimum age is 8 years old. Remember to bring a towel and sunscreen.

It is 3.5 hours and it looks like there should be time for other stuff as well...

That sounds like the same excursion, but with a different name. Their idea of a margarita is to have two people, one holding a bottle of tequila and one holding a bottle of lime juice, standing there and pour it directly into your mouth as you go by in a conga line :) As I said earlier, it looked like great fun, and the girls had a blast, but I'm just a bit too old to be doing body shots !!

Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous !!! Loved every minute of your "review". You have got me soooooo excited to go back to Cozumel. We took about a 20 minute ride to a beach resort with facilities and a restaurant and lovely beach and water...only don't remember the name :(

Anyway...thanks for taking the time to write and post all the pics !!

Jen

That sounds like the same excursion, but with a different name. Their idea of a margarita is to have two people, one holding a bottle of tequila and one holding a bottle of lime juice, standing there and pour it directly into your mouth as you go by in a conga line :) As I said earlier, it looked like great fun, and the girls had a blast, but I'm just a bit too old to be doing body shots !!

LOL....I'm to old as well...but that doesn't mean I won't do it!!! Remember this is my 20 year anniversary trip, so that gives you an idea of age.

But that is EXACTLY why I like to cruise! No LOVE cruises. One day chill at the pool, one night do some gambling, dress up one night for a formal night out, one night head to the disco or Karaoke, one day do an educational excursion learning after the historical significance of some island one day part like your 22 again!!! Or better yet...do all that in one day....LOL

I remember doing this one party boat where the crew held you over the edge of the boat by the legs. You did a shot of tequila and fell back while they held on and as the wave came you got dunked! It was fun, young and silly. Just what everyone needs to do from time to time!!!

Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous !!! Loved every minute of your "review". You have got me soooooo excited to go back to Cozumel. We took about a 20 minute ride to a beach resort with facilities and a restaurant and lovely beach and water...only don't remember the name :(

Anyway...thanks for taking the time to write and post all the pics !!

Jen

Thanks Jen,

I had a blast doing it,,,,,:D

LOL....I'm to old as well...but that doesn't mean I won't do it!!! Remember this is my 20 year anniversary trip, so that gives you an idea of age.

But that is EXACTLY why I like to cruise! No LOVE cruises. One day chill at the pool, one night do some gambling, dress up one night for a formal night out, one night head to the disco or Karaoke, one day do an educational excursion learning after the historical significance of some island one day part like your 22 again!!! Or better yet...do all that in one day....LOL

I remember doing this one party boat where the crew held you over the edge of the boat by the legs. You did a shot of tequila and fell back while they held on and as the wave came you got dunked! It was fun, young and silly. Just what everyone needs to do from time to time!!!

I agree with you on ALL that,,,,, !!! I don't know if I could party like I was 22 again though, but maybe 35,,,, ;)

Age is just a number,,,,, !!

I agree with you on ALL that,,,,, !!! I don't know if I could party like I was 22 again though, but maybe 35,,,, ;)

Debbie, when I posted last time, I forgot to thank you for such a wonderful and detailed review of your cruise. I am sailing on the Valor this fall, and although I've done this itinerary before, you brought back soooo many memories and really ramped up my excitement level for this cruise. GREAT JOB!!!

LOL...ahhh....but at 35 you were a lot smarter then at 22! Sooo...you probably partied better at 35 then 22!

35 or 22 or whatever...just to take a couple house/afternoon to play like a kid again....everyone should do it once and a while.

Archived