First time Trip Report - VALOR - 5th - 12th

Bontongrl

I've been on Bourbon street on Halloween....undescribable!

But I'm thinking South Beach will be totally different. I told wife she better take a nap on the plane...LOL....she doesn't want to dress up, but being from Texas I have a standard outfit...LOL...I'll wear jeans, cowboy boots and a western shirt. I might event take a hat, tho is always a pain to take/pack a cowboy hat...LOL....now to talk wife into taking her bright red boots....LOL

We used to live in New Orleans and go back often now, so I know what you mean,,,,,, :cool:

I love to dress up for Halloween,,,, I'm a real kid at heart :D

I'm sure for South Beach the Texas attire probably WOULD be a costume, but definately take your cowboy hat. I always take mine everywhere I go,, (in fact, I take more than one ;)) and if its a problem to pack, just wear it on the plane and problem solved

and take pics of your wife in those bright red boots,,,, I want to see that ;) :D

We used to live in New Orleans and go back often now, so I know what you mean,,,,,, :cool:

I love to dress up for Halloween,,,, I'm a real kid at heart :D

I'm sure for South Beach the Texas attire probably WOULD be a costume, but definately take your cowboy hat. I always take mine everywhere I go,, (in fact, I take more than one ;)) and if its a problem to pack, just wear it on the plane and problem solved

and take pics of your wife in those bright red boots,,,, I want to see that ;) :D

Exactly! Any other day that outfit would look like a total goof in South Beach. On Halloween should fit right in...LOL

I am going on my first cruise with my husband and friends in November on 2010. While looking at the prices of the rooms I noticed that you can convert some of the twin beds into kings beds. How do you know know if you get one of those rooms and what does it mean when it says 1 uppers or 2 uppers? Sorry if this is a stupid question. We are booking with a TA but she is not back from her vacation yet to ask :p

I am going on my first cruise with my husband and friends in November on 2010. While looking at the prices of the rooms I noticed that you can convert some of the twin beds into kings beds. How do you know know if you get one of those rooms and what does it mean when it says 1 uppers or 2 uppers? Sorry if this is a stupid question. We are booking with a TA but she is not back from her vacation yet to ask :p

drlogans

Those are the bunks that would be over your heads. You could either have 1 bunk or 2 bunks.

Congratulations on your first cruise drlogans,,,,, I hope you have as much fun on yours as we did on ours :D

We just asked our TA to make sure we got a king bed, and he made sure we did,,,,,, ;)

And, always remember,,,,,, there is no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer, so, ask away,, anytime :)

drlogans

Those are the bunks that would be over your heads. You could either have 1 bunk or 2 bunks.

Right you are zandk ;)

Your welcome, zandk,,,,,:D

Congrats on getting the first couple onboard (no pun intended,,,;))

Now, if you would like, I can send you a link to my hypnosis website, and we can work on the rest of them ,,,,

sound good ? lol ;)

Debbie,

My husband and I are that 1st couple that are onboard so if you could send me that link as well that would be awesome! We are trying to get some of our friends to go as well. :rolleyes:

Deb

Debbie,

My husband and I are that 1st couple that are onboard so if you could send me that link as well that would be awesome! We are trying to get some of our friends to go as well. :rolleyes:

Deb

Hiya Deb !! (love the name ;))

Ok, now this might be a dumb question but what link are you talking about ? lol

I'm doing a B2B on the Valor in November and your review has been lots of help (and very fun to read!)

I've done much of the itinerary before, but this will be the first time on the Valor. All the time and effort you put into your review is much appreciated! :D

Many, many more happy cruises to you!

I'm doing a B2B on the Valor in November and your review has been lots of help (and very fun to read!)

I've done much of the itinerary before, but this will be the first time on the Valor. All the time and effort you put into your review is much appreciated! :D

Many, many more happy cruises to you!

Thank you Seafun,,,,,,:)

I read your trip reports also,,, and that trip to Egypt looked unbelievable,

Wow,,,,,!!! and you are a great writer,,,, I really enjoyed it...:D

B2B cruises ? How does one manage that ? lol

I hope you enjoy the Valor as much as we did,,,, ;)

Debbie, Great review. I loved the pictures it really brought back memories of our Valor cruise last year. It seems like it was so long ago.

Thanks Dommer,, :)

My cruise was just a little over a month ago, and it seems like forever, <sigh>

Its time to book another cruise !!! :D

:D

The only downfall to this trip was,,,, tubing without the beer. We are Texans and used to tubing the Guadalupe and Comal Rivers with a tube dedicated totally just to beer. :D:D:D

yes maam! sadly not much tubing this year with the lack of rain. the beers to heavy to drag through the low spots and makes it more work than fun. really enjoying your review. gives me ideas on future vacations

Wow, what a wonderful review. I feel like I was there with you. Wonderful. My fiance and I will be on the Valor in 2 1/2 weeks! I am looking forward to it even more now!

Thanks kiki,,,,

Glad you could come along on my trip with me :D

Now, please write a review when YOU get back, so I can relive back through yours,,,,,,,, ;)

yes maam! sadly not much tubing this year with the lack of rain. the beers to heavy to drag through the low spots and makes it more work than fun. really enjoying your review. gives me ideas on future vacations

Hiya neekaemt,,,,,

I've heard the tubing hasn't been good this year. Seems like whenever we want to go, the water is low,,,, :( I guess we could always do the Comal,,, but it's such a short trip, you have to go back to the beginning and do it again to get your tubing "fix" in,,,, :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bontongrl thank you for tanking the time to post up an excellant trip report. Im getting goosebumps for my Legend trip in two weeks. Ill try and post a trip report when I get back. What photo sharing site are you using and do you have a link to your page?

Bontongrl thank you for tanking the time to post up an excellant trip report. Im getting goosebumps for my Legend trip in two weeks. Ill try and post a trip report when I get back. What photo sharing site are you using and do you have a link to your page?

Your welcome OrdieJ,,,,,:)

I used Photobucket for the pictures,,,, and no, I don't have a link, but all my pictures are posted in the report,,,:D

I look foward to reading yours when you get back from your trip

Have fun on the Legend !! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me how long your wait (or your DF's) was from the time you got to MIAMI until you got off the ship & thru customs? Just wondering for flight times out of West Palm Beach. Thanks for your help.

Hi UCF50s,,,,,,,:)

We were in port in Miami when we woke up,,,and had to be out of our rooms by 8:30 am. Since we were on the Panorama Deck, it was a while before our area was called to depart. I think we were off the ship by around 10 to 10:30 and then picked up our luggage and were in the customs line for another 30 minutes or so. The line looked longer than it actually took to go through.

But our DFs were in a different custom line and they were a good 30 minutes longer getting through their line than we were, and since we had already cleared ours and moved outside, we couldn't go back in to see what the hold up was. There was some fluke problem with the people in front of them in line,,, so they got stuck for a while ;)

By the time we were all out and into a taxi and on our way, it was around noon. We had booked a 3:30 pm return back home out of Miami airport, so we had plenty of time to sit around at the airport waiting.

Hope this helps !!! :)

Archived