Getting a little confused...On Monarch, what is free

and what costs extra? I'll be cruising with my wife and our 10, 7, and 2 year old boys on 7/31. (Hopefully, you won't here us coming). Anyway, I've learned that bottled water is extra. No biggie, but glad I know. What about orange juice and milk at breakfast? Also, they charged us full price for the two year old. I told my wife - he's ordering the king crab, is it wrong to think that way? We don't plan on eating at any of the specialty restaurants. I know better. Back to the free stuff....is there anything that might suprise me that most would reasonably think should be free. Oh yeah, Carnival had pizza 24 hrs a day, does the Monarch have anything like this? One more thing, I read where room service is free, but that does not sound right.

Any help on any of the above would be appreciated. (This should be a lesson to never post when you are hungry.)

Thanks

and what costs extra? I'll be cruising with my wife and our 10, 7, and 2 year old boys on 7/31. (Hopefully, you won't here us coming). Anyway, I've learned that bottled water is extra. No biggie, but glad I know. What about orange juice and milk at breakfast? Also, they charged us full price for the two year old. I told my wife - he's ordering the king crab, is it wrong to think that way? We don't plan on eating at any of the specialty restaurants. I know better. Back to the free stuff....is there anything that might surprise me that most would reasonably think should be free. Oh yeah, Carnival had pizza 24 hrs a day, does the Monarch have anything like this? One more thing, I read where room service is free, but that does not sound right.

Any help on any of the above would be appreciated. (This should be a lesson to never post when you are hungry.)

Thanks

If you want real OJ it will cost extra, if you settle for the orange drink, it is included in the Windjammer during breakfast hours. Milk is usually included during meals.

You will not be offered King Crab or lobster on the Monarch. You probably won't even have shrimp as an option. The Monarch has no specialty restaurants. If you want to pay extra your only option is Jade - Asian food.

###

and what costs extra? I'll be cruising with my wife and our 10, 7, and 2 year old boys on 7/31. (Hopefully, you won't here us coming). Anyway, I've learned that bottled water is extra. No biggie, but glad I know. What about orange juice and milk at breakfast? Also, they charged us full price for the two year old. I told my wife - he's ordering the king crab, is it wrong to think that way? We don't plan on eating at any of the specialty restaurants. I know better. Back to the free stuff....is there anything that might suprise me that most would reasonably think should be free. Oh yeah, Carnival had pizza 24 hrs a day, does the Monarch have anything like this? One more thing, I read where room service is free, but that does not sound right.

Thanks

Nothing is free. What you want to know is what is included or not included in the cruisefare which you have already paid.

First of all, the good news. There is no extra charge for the king crab legs which you mentioned, because there ARE no king crab legs.

There is no extra charge for specialty restaurants, because Monarch doesn't have any.

There are additional charges for sushi in Jade, an upper section of the Windjammer buffet restaurant.

Orange juice is included at breakfast, milk is included at all meals.

Monarch has pizza at Sorrento's, which is open late, but not 24 hours a day. (also on Deck 11, along with Jade)

There is no charge for room service, although it is civilized behavior to give the server a tip. Between midnight and 5 a.m., there is a $3.95 service fee.

There is an area called Lattetudes, where you can purchase specialty coffee beverages and they will give you very nice pastries and cookies to go with your beverage. There is also ice cream for purchase there.

There is no-fee soft-serve frozen yogurt.

Soda can be purchased by the can at any bar. If you have an SOV or higher cabin, there will be sodas for purchase in your mini-fridge. If you have an OV or interior cabin, there will be warm cans of soda in your cabin for purchase. :)

RC's website has details about their soda card, which is for unlimited fountain soda. ($6/day for adults, $4/day for children, plus 15% gratuity.) There are some new juice packages and water (!) packages on the website, too.

Thanks. I meant to ask for more detail re: the beverage packages. I'm scrambling to get ready. We were planning on taking a five night cruise on Carnival, but changed our minds at the last minute. These boards are great, but it's hard to keep track of which ships people are talking about sometimes.

Thanks. I meant to ask for more detail re: the beverage packages. I'm scrambling to get ready. We were planning on taking a five night cruise on Carnival, but changed our minds at the last minute. These boards are great, but it's hard to keep track of which ships people are talking about sometimes.

FOUNTAIN SODA PACKAGES

The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room, and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package.

BOTTLED WATER PACKAGES

Let it flow! Quench your thirst with one our Evian® Sports Cap .750ml bottled water, available in quantities of 8, 12, 16 and 24.

JUICE PACKAGES

Our Minute Maid® bottled juice packages are available in a variety of flavors and quantities to keep your whole travel party satisfied.

Q: What does the Juice package offer?

A: The Juice package offers an opportunity for guests sailing with Royal Caribbean to order Minute Maid juices in various package sizes (6, 8 and 12 bottles) and flavors at a discounted value, pre-cruise. Every juice bottle is 15oz. The flavors are orange juice, apple juice and ruby red grapefruit (flavors may change based on itinerary). If ordered online, the juice package will be placed in your stateroom on the date you requested. If purchased onboard they will be delivered within 24hrs. Juice bottles can also be purchased on an individual base at any bar.

Q: What is the Fountain Soda package?

A: The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining room, and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package. The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of $6.00 for adults and $4.00 for children* plus gratuity. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.) The fountain soda package is sold for the entire length of the cruise vacation only. The fountain soda packaged is served in all lounges, bars and dinning room venues including specialty restaurants and Windjammer restaurant. Only fountain soda is offered with the soda packages. The mini bar sodas are not included in the package and carry a separate charge.

Q: What is the Water package

A: The Water package is an option for guests sailing with Royal Caribbean to order water in various package sizes at a discounted value and placed in your stateroom on the date you requested. We offer four separate sizes: 6 bottles, 12 bottles, 16 bottles and 24 bottles. The size of the water bottles offered in the package is the Evian Sports Cap 750ml plastic bottled water.

Archived