Ray Runner Stingray City

back2tampa

My family and I will be in Grand Caymen this Nov. We have been trying to decide what is the best way to see the stingrays. Has anyone tried this excursion with Carnival? The Ray runner is a inflatable boat that holds 3 max. and you go snorkling and then to the stingrays. Let me know what you think.

We did the Sea Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City through Carnival- I would totally recommend this one we had the best day.

We did too! It was worth it just for the Stingray portion. I could not believe how gentle they behaved not to mention how soft to the touch. A great experience I would do it again.

We have been to Grand Caymen two times already. Due to hurricains and ruff seas both times we were uable to go to stingray city. The first time we went to Hell, the turtle farm, and some other points of intrest, and we had a great time. But we want to know about the Ray Runner excursion. We want to make it to Stingray city without having to get off the same boat with 50- 75 other people if we can help it. Anyone with more info please let us know.

We just returned from our cruise on the Valor July 5-12. We did Stingray city with www.stingraysailing.com

We booked it online and paid at the end of the trip. Captain Chip was waiting for us on the pier. He has a catamaran named the Far Tortuga.

We had a great time. He has two deck hands, his dad and Mark. They are on top of things. He uses a better food than the squid that most of the other boats use. Within minutes of dropping the anchor, we had a dozen sting rays around us and it was a great time. After we swam with and fed the stingrays, we moved over to a nearby reef where we snorkled. There were several different species of fish and he has all the gear you may need. Check out the web site and ask them questions if you have any. Booking an excursion not with Carnival saves you about half price. We had 24 people on the boat. All of the other boats seemed to be packed with people. There was a double decker boat that had 100 people on it if there were two. When we pulled up everyone seemed to be in the same area, all crowded together. And more boats were pulling up full of people. We were a bit farther from the crowd. The catamaran is able to go into more shallow water. The only people near us were the ones on our tour. I highly recommend Stingraysailing.

Archived