Disappointed with upgrade

Kittycatwlv

We'll be going on our second Princess Cruise in February. It has become painfully obvious to me that I should have booked GTY for our last cruise, as well as for the next one, so I could have had huge, unbelievable upgrades that would just irritate all you Princess Elite...

Seriously, we've done 8 cruises (so we're still kind of novices) and did a GTY once. Ended up with a 2 category upgrade (it would have cost us $80 more had we booked that stateroom initially, so no big deal).

But we've decided on recent cruises that we are quite content to be midship, fairly low, outside cabin, partially obstructed view OK, so that's what we book. If the upgrade fairy tosses some magic dust our way, we won't complain.

Princess apparently does read these boards and their opinion is the only one that counts and they gave me my downgrade to be on the same deck as my friends. It always makes sense to ask for what you want, you may get it.

Happy sailings to you all.......................Kitty

Actually, despite the thread title - I think it's actually about the OP feeling entitled because she is a long-time customer of Princess. But all is right with the world now because she and her friends are all on the same floor and she doesn't have to switch cruise lines now.

Archived