another rumor

old crusier

carnival one mastercard rewards program to end in may 2005.a carnival rep. told me and my ta yesterday on a 3 way call. with the new seamiles card out and cap.one not allowing new members. I thought I better redeem my 46.000 points for our feb.06 cruise .remember what happened with the old mbna card ? I called my my ta and he said carnival told him it was way to early and there not set up for that this early. I called carnival to verify that statement they said do asap the program is ending soon!

.remember what happened with the old mbna card ? !

What happend? I still have the old card also and it was the greatest,actually it still is. When it stopped being a CCL card,they converted all the CCL points to cruise reward points. The return is not as good as the current CCL card but the overall reward is one of the best. Combine it with the current CCL card and you sail for almost free all the time.

This is my secret to cheap sailing. The MBNA card is not a money off a cruise card.It is a direct credit on your card. The Cap1 card is a credit against your total bill (deducted by CCL themselves up to a few weeks ago). You are not allowed to combine rewards but in this case you almost do.

MY upcoming cruise for 4 people in an inside cabin

$1962.50 total with all taxes and ports. (paid $1000 deposit w/MBNA card)

-1000.00 deposit

$962.59 balance

Now I use my Cap1 reward of $1000 off and my cruise is paid for.:D

Since I booked it with CCL for the best price, I had CCL give it a week later to MBNA. MBNA see's I paid the $1000 deposit on their card and I redeem a reward with them for $800 so they give me a direct credit on my MBNA card for $800. So now my card has an extra $800 on it to spend anyway I want.

So total rewards $1000 off and $800 credit on my card is $1800 my cruise cost net total is $162.59

Steve

Archived