Re. Wine package

Hi, sorry to ask another wine package question, but i

don't seem to be able to find the answer on previous threads.I would just like to know is it possible to order from your wine package in the schooner bar ( or viking crown etc) and also where and when can you book a wine package once on board? Also doe's anyone know how cheap the cheapest bottle of wine is from the wine list in the dining room? Thank-you all, as you can tell i am only worried about my drink!:D

don't seem to be able to find the answer on previous threads.I would just like to know is it possible to order from your wine package in the schooner bar ( or viking crown etc) and also where and when can you book a wine package once on board? Also doe's anyone know how cheap the cheapest bottle of wine is from the wine list in the dining room? Thank-you all, as you can tell i am only worried about my drink!:D

I'm not exactly sure which bars you can order the wine package from.

Here is the wine list:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000XtQLjwGXXXTliO53uEqyBBK:12hdhu6tq?catCode=WINE

The wine package can only be ordered thru the dining room (which includes room service), not the bars. On the first day, there is usually a couple locations set up where you can order the wine package at a table display or you can order it at dinner in any of the dining rooms, or you can order it before you board. It is not available to buy, nor can you request one of your ordered bottles of wine in any of the bars.

You can also order a bottle of wine at the bar in the Wind Jammer. It does take awhile for them to retrieve it. We have even had them get us the bottle we opened the night before for us to finish with lunch in the WJ.

Just to give an idea, the 5 bottle Gold pkg is $113 which comes out to a little over 22/bot. they claim $165 value. Add gratuity to it of course. I think most of MDR prices were in the high 20s.

For what I understand about the wines pkgs is this.

When you buy a pkg it is saving you money, rather than buying 1 bottle at a time.

You can only consume your wine in the Dining Room only, and if you do not finish it, they cork it and give it to you the next day.

You can buy the pkg that is delivered directly to your Cabin. You can only consume it IN YOUR CABIN. You cannot take it with you. The bottle that is. You can pour some in a glass and off you go.

For what I understand about the wines pkgs is this.

When you buy a pkg it is saving you money, rather than buying 1 bottle at a time.

You can only consume your wine in the Dining Room only, and if you do not finish it, they cork it and give it to you the next day.

You can buy the pkg that is delivered directly to your Cabin. You can only consume it IN YOUR CABIN. You cannot take it with you. The bottle that is. You can pour some in a glass and off you go.

You can take leftovers in the bottle out of the Dining Room.. we did it on the Mariner and saw many others. It was nice to finish it on the balcony. We even had a couple of bottles leftover on our package. My Sister in law and I both ordered a package. We took them the last evening and took them home. We were flying so my Sister in law got to drive them to her house.

:eek:

There definitely is a saving but you are limited as to what you can order. All told, for the wines we like and based on the cheapest package for 10 bottles (Gold), we would be spending about $50 CAD more than the package. I can save that $50 elsewhere and drink the wines I like and want.:D

You can take leftovers in the bottle out of the Dining Room.. we did it on the Mariner and saw many others. It was nice to finish it on the balcony. We even had a couple of bottles leftover on our package. My Sister in law and I both ordered a package. We took them the last evening and took them home. We were flying so my Sister in law got to drive them to her house.

:eek:

Good to know. On the web site it says that they cork it and you cannot take with you. I guess just another scare tactic by the RCI alchohol police!

Still works out an expensive way of doing for one person I think.;)

My wife doesn't drink alcohol so, unless I want to put away a bottle of wine per day, I think I'd better to stick to the odd glass and a few cocktails!

Good to know. On the web site it says that they cork it and you cannot take with you. I guess just another scare tactic by the RCI alchohol police!

Unless this is yet another change to the rules since my last cruise. My mother is not pleased that she loses the Concierge Lounge access. She is still a few credits short of Diamond plus. If I do find out that they no longer allow you to take leftovers with you I will probably go with a smaller package and buy another bottle or two for the cabin.

The package is really a good deal. With tip the gold package comes out to about $26 per bottle. One of the wines I really enjoy from that list is $38 plus tip on their price list if purchased separately. And another bonus is I can pay for it ahead of time and not worry about my on board account getting too high.

Archived