Caye Caulker snorkling help needed

Star1

could you forward the map to me as well??? picklehill16933@yahoo.com we will be in Belize 27 Jan 2010 on the NCL Jewel....8-5...thinking of taking the water taxi to Caulker Caye, finding a boat/tour to go out to the reef for a few hours then have lunch at Carlos grilled k bobs, do some snorkeling at the Split, then catch the WT back to ship port....how far is the Water Taxi station to where the ship docks>>> Is the above do-able??

Me too! That's exactly what I want to know! Does anyone know if this is do-able?

Thanks

I think we are going to book with Coral Breezes - but I'd rather try to find Carlos for lunch than buy the lunch offered on tour -which didn't sound bad mind you, Belizean Chicken, beans and rice.

Their tour says they give you 1.5 hours on Caye Caulker - is that enough time to get a good look at the island - walking it - or do we need to rent bikes or golf cart? Does anyone know the costs of renting bikes? Thanks.

Angel

I think 1.5 hours is plenty of time on Caye Caulker. If you're mainly wanting to browse the roadside stands and maybe walk to the Split - you really don't need a golf cart. It's not that far.

If you book with Coral Breezes, you might want to be familiar with the water taxi schedules and have a back up plan. Coral Breezes, via Hammerhead Sports, canceled on us 15 minutes after our tour was scheduled to leave. This left us putting together a last minute plan because Belize really isn't the port where you can just grab a cab and head to a beach.

• 4 weeks later...

For the full story, you can read my Legend review in my signature, but the short version is another ship in port was slow in tendering. Therefore, they didn't want to take only 4-6 of us out because they couldn't make enough money. I read on another thread on here that Coral Breezes will no longer accept reservations from one of the cruiselines because of problems they have had tendering. So maybe Coral Breezes has corrected this problem.

Yes, that is correct. We wanted to do the Island Escape tour to Caye Caulker. We will be on the NCL Spirit. They told us that they cannot take our reservation due to slow operations with tendering with NCL. Therefore, we don't think we will go because I am afraid of not having enough time or being late (we are traveling with children). Therefore, if you are on NCL, don't bother contacting them about any of the Caye Caulker tours. On another note, we have been to Belize 3 times on a NCL cruise and the tendering operations were never slow. I felt that they were as efficient as they could have been.

Yes, I received word that they will not take NCL Spirit passengers on that one specific excursion, I think it's because it's the longest snorkeling excursion they offer and with tendering times they might cut it too close. But Coral Breeze does offer snorkeling/beach break/manatee watch tour to NCL Spirit passengers that stops at Bannister Island. That's the one I'll be going on in 2 weeks and will be sure to report back!

• 1 month later...

Archived