Juvenile Diabetes - Carnival

Shark Cruiser

My 5 year old niece was just diagnosed with juvenile diabetes and we are cruising on the Triumph on 1/15/05. I was wondering if anyone knows if or how Carnival accommodates diabetics. We are not cancelling the cruise, but was wondering if anyone had any information or advice. Thanks!

Hello

when I booked my cruise via a CCL rep 2 weeks ago, he specifically asked me numerous times if my child ( age 7 ) had any dietary needs or any alergies.... He also informed me that while in camp carnival if my child requires an epi-pen ,it was not allowed to be brought in. Although my child has no alergies, I was assuming that since peanut butter is on the kids menu and if your child is alergic, they are covering their buts...

I am sure they will accomodate any wish you have !!! enjoy your trip,

Happy Holidays

Carnival does a good job of accomodating diabetics by doing things such as providing sharps containers, making sure your refrigerator is available immediately for insulin storage or if you don't have a refrigerator in your cabin providing a cooler which will be well stocked with ice. There are also plenty of options on the menu that will be easy to calculate carbs on and desserts prepared without added sugar. You may want to bring along a small pitcher or collapsible bottle and some crystal light or sugar-free Kool-Aid as the beverage options for diabetics are not that plentiful particularly if you want to avoid caffeine but other than that things should be fine.

You will want to contact Guest Access Services at 1-800-438-6744, ext. 70025 and they will send you a form to fill out where you can list any accomodations that you may need for your niece.

I decided to call the special needs number 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70025 to tell them my husband is a Diabetic and on insulin. They e-mailed me a form to fill out and send back to them. They told me then that the insulin syringes would not be allowed on board unless this form was filled out and returned before our cruise in Jan. I found out at that time that our cruise agent did not list that he is a Diabetic. I don't know if that's true or not, but we decided that we wasn't going to take any chances, so we filled out the form and sent it back. My advise to you, call them and see what they want you to do at this number.

Archived