NCL Sky Bahamas Cruise 08/17/09

daniela002

Hi everyone,

I'll be going on a NCL cruise for the first time 08.17. I usually sail with Carnival and I'm really excited about trying out NCL. I've heard great things. We'll be doing the 4 day Bahamas cruise and I guess I'm just curious as to anyone else's experience on this cruise! :) I'd also like to know if they have an optional formal night for dinner, since I heard somewhere that cruises with more than 3 nights have that option. Andddd I've heard about a Monte Carlo night and the white hot party, are both of these events on the 4 day cruise as well? Lots of questions! Sorry! :o

We were just on the Sky last week for a 4 nighter and I can't say enough about this cruise! It was also our first time on an NCL cruise but it definitely won't be the last! We've been on Royal Caribbean and Princess. Yes, they had all the above-opitional formal night, white hot party, and a Monte Carlo night. The food was delicious. The entertainment was fabulous. The cruise director Paul and Asst cruise director Matt were hysterical. The staff,crew and waiters couldn't be nicer or more attentive. We didn't eat in any of the specialty restaurants which I hear are fabulous. Had planned on it but found the food so adequate in the main dining rooms that we decided not to spend the extra $. Have a great cruise!

We were just on the Sky last week for a 4 nighter and I can't say enough about this cruise! It was also our first time on an NCL cruise but it definitely won't be the last! We've been on Royal Caribbean and Princess. Yes, they had all the above-opitional formal night, white hot party, and a Monte Carlo night. The food was delicious. The entertainment was fabulous. The cruise director Paul and Asst cruise director Matt were hysterical. The staff,crew and waiters couldn't be nicer or more attentive. We didn't eat in any of the specialty restaurants which I hear are fabulous. Had planned on it but found the food so adequate in the main dining rooms that we decided not to spend the extra $. Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much! I'm glad your cruise was so great. I can only hope ours is too :) I can't wait.

I was also debating on the specialty restaurants, but I think main dining room will be just fine since it seems silly to spend the money on the specialty restaurants, there's 6 of us.

As far as the ports of call, if you had to choose one to not get off on, which would it be? Since we don't have a day at sea I was planning on making our own.

Wow..thats difficult since I enjoyed them all. If I had to omit one, I think it would be Freeport. Although Freeport is the first stop and I don't know if you'll be ready for a day at sea that soon. I really enjoyed Nassau. Grand Stirrup Cay (their private island) was a lot of fun as well. They had a lot of entertainment, games, a bar-b-que and I love how the cruise director and asst cruise director were there to greet you as soon as you got there. Also, be sure to catch Leo in Captain Cook's lounge. He was very entertaining. It seemed whatever request was made, he knew. Had quite a range. But again, I did enjoy Freeport. Whatever you decide, have a great time!!

Thanks for answering all my questions! Yes, Freeport was the one we were planning on skipping, thanks for the extra push. I'll be sure to catch Leo, I've actually heard that NCL has great entertainment and CD's. Looking forward to it, since on Carnival Fascination, didn't have quite that much to do last time we were there :(

Archived