Grand, Wet And Wild Cave Tubing!!!!!

funcpl45

Hi, Sorry for yelling but I need information from recent Grand passengers as to how their excursion went in Belieze. We are booked on the 1/8/05 sailing and are concerned about time constraints. We are already booked with Marvin and I'm concerned and would like any feedback that anyone can give me. Thanks, Randy and Deb

I am booking with them for a 1/15 sailing with the Grand. I am trying to get information too! I have not made the final reservation yet -- but am planning on doing so soon (this weekend). What kind of information did they give you about getting you back to the ship in time? Is the price the same as advertised on their website since this is a shorter trip?

I've posted a couple of times about this and have not gotten any feedback from people from the Grand who used Wet and Wild. If we cannot find anyone to respond, I am just going to have to meet you when you get off the ship and we are getting on to get the information! I actually feel pretty comfortable booking through them for some reason (and I tend to obsess about getting back to the ship on time). If we miss the boat then I figure that we just have another 6 hour adventure drive to meet the boat in Costa Maya!

We used Wet and Wild on our recent trip to Belize. We had a wonderful time. Their booth was very easy to find it is located to your left once you get off the tender boats. Marvin and his staff were very polite and the lunch was just amazing. The fruit punch is delicious DH still talks about how good that chicken was. We really didn't have anytime for shopping when we got back to the port. We ended up on the last tender. My advice to you would be to watch your time very closely and to let the driver and your guide know exactly what time the last tender is leaving.

I, too, will be on the Grand (in March) and am worried about the short port time. I e-mailed Marvin at Wet and Wild, who said they're going just one cave for the Grand. And they're skipping lunch, so the cost is $55. I know the smaller group and lower cost will beat the Princess excursion, but I'm disappointed that the short port time will adversely effect the excursion I could have had.

I got an e-mail from XStream that said "The Grand Princess has recently changed it's 'true departure time' to an

8:00pm local time departure, the change was most likely due to their own

excursion timing where it takes a minimum of 7 hours to organize a cruise

Ship excursion with 150 passengers per group." It sound like their excursion is the same as for any other ship. All things being equal, I had decided to go with Marvin. But if I can get the full trip...I'm thinking of going with XStream. Am I nuts?

Hi Sunrise, Hooked, Thanks for the input! When I booked with W&W back in Nov. Marvin said he'd do the trip for $55 because I told him that we didn't want a lunch (a dinner in our case) and that we wanted to do the tubing and be taken back to the ship. He agreed to change his normal routine to accomodate our short time frame. He said he'd knock $5 off his normal price if we didn't want to eat. If the time ashore has been lenghtend maybe we will do a little more tubing. Yes Sunrise, I too worry about getting back but from all reports they are a class operation and dependable. The whole purpose of this thread was to try and coax someone with RECENT experience to report back to us how it went. The first couple of weeks seemed to be kind of a cluster and it took Princess and the tour operators a couple of weeks to get a handle on how things were going to work. Hooked, I couldn't begin to advise you on whether to go to another operator for the full tour. I'm as in the dark as you are as this, while not my first cruise by a long shot, is my first time in Belieze. Hopefully someone from the 4th and even better the 11th or 18th will take pitty on us and give us the first hand report we seek. Randy

I need up to date information to make a decision on whether to cancel or take this tour. I am not interested in speculation as to whether we should stick with Princess tours. I need someone who actually did W&W tours to advise!!!! Thanks, Randy

Archived