Legal Documents to board the POA - Leave tomorrow!

I.M.swimming

Hello, I just was finishing up packing and was curious what documents do you need to board the Pride of America. Do we need proof of citicenship or what. I am sure this has been asked on other boards, but the search didn't find anything for me! Thanks so much for your time:o

• Administrators
Hello, I just was finishing up packing and was curious what documents do you need to board the Pride of America. Do we need proof of citicenship or what. I am sure this has been asked on other boards, but the search didn't find anything for me! Thanks so much for your time:o

Hope you have a great trip! Just a small piece of advice -- the POA is American flagged and sails exclusively within the US, so you should only need photo ID/proof of identity, not proof of citizenship. That is decidedly not the case for many other vacation types (proof of citizenship is required for closed loop cruises, and a passport is required for non-closed-loop cruises and international flights, while visa requirements are variable depending on destination), so if you book a different cruise (or resort vacation outside the US) in the future, you definitely will want to do your research well in advance of the night before departure to find out the required documentation.

People can and have been refused boarding on airplanes and cruise ships due to documentation issues (even something like a passport expiring less than six months after the trip) -- it's a minefield and a very costly mistake to make -- insurance normally doesn't cover you if you lose your vacation due to legal requirements you didn't satisfy, but should or could have known.

Archived