Hydrofoil to capri from Naples

acegolfer

We are hoping to go on the hydrofoil to Capri from Naples is it best to buy our return tickets on arrival in Capri or do they do return tickets in Naples? Do the hydrofoils ever get full? Lastly any suggestions on must see's on Capri.

DH and I will be going in Oct. I asked the same questions. Answers were to buy your return ticket when you get off in Capri. Since there are 2 companies that do hydrofoils, you won't be tied down to 1 company. Have an idea what time you want to return. It was suggested not to return on the last boat just in case you miss it, then you're stuck. As far as what to see, I was told the chair lift to Mt. Solaro is good. You get that in Anacapri which is the town above Capri. Enjoy your trip. I'm looking forward to mine.

Yes, buy the return ticket when you arrive in Capri because the hydrofoils can be busy later in the day. When we did this last year, the hydrofoils were cancelled in the PM due to rough seas and we ended up taking a boat to Sorrento and the train back to Naples and then a walk back to the ship. I think the car ferries were still running but I was not keen on over an hour on rough seas:eek:

Archived